Cisco is proud to be a sponsor of this year’s Open Networking Summit being held this week in Santa Clara. The focus of this year’s conference is, “A New Era of Open Source Networking” and we think it’s quite fitting given the amount of investment the community has made this year in some amazing Open Source projects and programs.
We’ll be at the event showcasing a number of cool technologies and also speaking about a number of projects, inclusive of; SDN, NFV, OpenDaylight, Fd.io and more. Dave Ward, CTO and Chief Architect of Cisco, will also be presenting at ONS. Dave will dive into reactive networking and SDN/NFV as the entropy of the reaction.
We’ll have several of our engineers, leaders and executives in attendance that focus on Open Source, SDN & NFV. Feel free to find us on Twitter @CiscoOpenSource or reach out directly at the event – we’d love to chat and get your feedback.
Below is a list of sessions, speakers and demos we’ll have running in the booth area, so please stop by.
• OpenDaylight Applications
• Open BMP (Open BGP Monitoring Protocol)
• Introduction to Virtual Packet Processing and Containerized Networking
• Containerized VNF Deployment & Orchestration
Tuesday 3/15 Sessions:
• Fd.io is the Future (3:30pm PST Room 209/210)
• Alternatives to Improve OpenStack to Address NFV (4:10pm Grand Ballroom B)
• OpenDaylight Architecture Overview (5:00pm Grand Ballroom D)
Wednesday 3/16 Sessions:
• Reactive Networking with Dave Ward (12:00pm Mission City Ballroom)
• Introduction to Fd.io (4:10pm Grand Ballroom B)
• Fd.io Meetup (5:00pm Napa)
Thursday 3/17 Sessions:
• What is NFV and What Does it Deliver (2:50pm Room 209/210)
• Model-Driven APIs for Network Programmability (3:40pm, Room TBD)