Today the DevNet Developer Conference kicked off in Moscone West. DevNet is a mini-conference you can attend within the larger Cisco Live that gives hands-on experience with the many APIs Cisco is developing.
The DevNet Zone includes the following activities:
- Theater Sessions: API technical sessions, executive spotlights, and thought leadership sessions
- Hands-on learnings labs that let you code APIs on working platforms and systems
- A 24 hour hackathon (for non-Cisco participants) with first prize of $5000
- Demo pods showcasing Cisco and Partner technologies
- A demo of Tech Fund project on Augmented Collaboration (AKA Project Spring Roll!)
I’d like to especially call out a few sessions (the full session can be found on http://devnetzone2014.sched.org)
- Monday, May 19 at 9-10:30am: CTO Panel with Cisco CTOs Dave Ward, Tom Edsall, John Apostolopoulos, Bret Hartman, Lew Tucker, and Susie Wee (moderator)
- Monday, May 19 8-9am: Coding Skills 101 – How to call REST APIs from Python and JQuery is a hands-on intro to REST APIs- bring your laptop to code– no experience necessary.
- Monday, May 19 1-2pm: APIC Enterprise Module API – This session will present the basic constructs of the controller such as the policy engine, and the capabilities of the REST API. There will be examples of how these capabilities can be integrated into other applications to simplify operations, improve security and enhance user experience.
- Tuesday, May 20 8:30 – 9:00am Cisco UCS Scripting Tools & SDKs Overview This session will educate developers and customers on available utilities and demonstrate the power of the Cisco UCS XML API.
- Wednesday, May 21 8-9am: Coding Skills 101 – How to call REST APIs from Python and JQuery If you missed it the first time, it’s back! This is a hands-on intro to REST APIs- bring your laptop to code– no experience necessary.
- Thursday, May 22 11:30-12:30pm API Management at Cisco In this session we will introduce Cisco’s API Management Strategy, with a focus on consumption ready APIs that are developer-friendly using consistent lifecycle management and governance.
It is a great opportunity to have Cisco Live in San Francisco, so close to Cisco headquarters. One of our goals is to create a vibrant DevNet developer community. If you’re in the area I encourage you to stop by. Those who wish to attend just DevNet can get a $49 explorer pass covering all 4 days – Use the code DevNetCL14). I also encourage you to join the DevNet program at http://developer.cisco.com and start some discussions in our DevNet community forums!
I look forward to seeing you here!