Our very first Networking.Next event was a huge success, and we appreciate the questions and feedback we’ve gotten from our attendees.
During the event, we heard from analyst Will Townsend, futurist Radha Mistry, and Cisco experts on what to expect in networking technology, operations, and talent.
- Radha Mistry and Anuj Kapoor, CTO of Strategy at Cisco discussed how AI is going to affect the enterprise, and its implications on security policy, including how the rate of technological advancement is much higher than policy development and what organizations will have to do to keep up and remain secure.
- John Apostolopoulous, CTO, Enterprise Networking Business and Vijoy Pandey, CTO, Cloud explained Intent-Based Networking (IBN): from user intent, to functional components, to infrastructure and how translation, activation, and assurance work together to solve business problems.
- A panel discussion including Mistry, Susie Wee, CTO of Cisco DevNet, Rich Plane, CTO of Customer Experience, and Guillermo Torres, SVP of Customer Transformation discussed everything about the future of IT talent, answering questions like:
- Do IT professionals need to worry about a loss of jobs with the coming of AI?
- How are roles for IT changing, and how can IT professionals upskill to keep up?
- How does AI augment human capability, and how can networking professionals use automation to be more strategic?
If you missed the event, no worries – you can view the Networking.Next event below.