Meet Cisco’s hub for free curriculum, virtual field trips, and resources for in-person, virtual, and hybrid learning.
I’ve spoken with many of our education customers in schools, colleges, and universities over the last few months, and they are using a range of reopening models: from in-person attendance with social distancing measures in-place, to 100% distance learning, to hybrid or HyFlex learning. The good news is that Cisco has a complete portfolio of solutions for education that help educators build flexible campuses, streamline administration, create hybrid learning environments, and facilitate safety and security – all of which are top of mind with educators today.
No matter how or where learning is being delivered, one thing is constant: the need to keep students engaged and moving forward in their studies. That is why, in addition to our solutions, we have created a new destination for teachers looking for free curriculum, content, and tools:
Meet the Cisco Educator Resource Center.
Yes, Cisco is a technology company, but at our core, we are an education company.
We founded the Cisco Networking Academy in 1997 to help students develop IT skills that lead to careers. Since then, we have reached more than 12.6 million students by partnering with 11,800 learning institutions worldwide. We have also forged long-term partnerships with tech-minded nonprofits that are improving learning outcomes using technology.
Our new Educator Resource Center gives teachers around the world direct access to free, valuable learning tools for primary, secondary, and higher education. For example, in the educator resource center you will find:
- Online learning content from trusted nonprofit organizations such as MIND Research Institute (math), CommonLit (literacy) and Science Buddies (STEM). Check out nonprofit resources.
- Supplemental curriculum that teaches problem-solving and 21st century skills through animated videos and activities. Discover Global Problem Solvers: The Series.
- Virtual field trips through Cisco’s education partners. Explore the Great Barrier Reef or the world’s finest museums, without ever leaving the classroom or home. See virtual field trips.
- Online technology courses. Help your students explore and discover job-rich fields like cybersecurity, networking, and programming. All courses are delivered on an online platform, making them suitable for distance or hybrid learning. Discover courses.
- Professional development. Get tips from our learning partners on how to keep your students engaged, make online learning more effective, and more. See development resources.
We know that the transition to distance and hybrid leaning hasn’t been easy. But we are here to help – with the technology to connect you and your students, and with the content that can inspire them and propel them forward.
Visit the Cisco Educator Resource Center, and tell us what you think in the comments below!
How are you adapting your teaching and learning methodology for a changing world? Let us know in the comments and stay tuned for more #EducationNow content next week!