Join us for a livestreamed special event featuring bestselling author and researcher, Gene Kim, Google Cloud Principal Developer Advocate, Kelsey Hightower, and more.
Estimated time to read: 2 min
Today’s businesses need scalability, flexibility and cost-efficiency. The answer? Cloud native and multicloud environments. These environments, however, come with inherent challenges, compounded by the fact that on-premises approaches and tools won’t protect cloud-based applications. As organizations strive to deliver faster and more innovative services, the need to protect sensitive data and mitigate cybersecurity risks has become increasingly crucial. But there’s an inverse relationship between security and speed, and developers are also asked to innovate quickly.
How can organizations maintain the security they need while delivering the speed that the business and customers demand?
Don’t miss ‘Speed vs Security: Protecting Cloud Native Environments’
Come hear the latest thinking on technologies and techniques that make cloud native application security both lightweight and effective. In this live stream from Cisco Live in Las Vegas, you’ll get insights and advice from a distinguished panel of experts, including:
- Gene Kim, researcher and bestselling author of “The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win.”
- Kelsey Hightower, Principal Developer Advocate at Google Cloud
- Stephen Augustus, Head of Open Source at Cisco.
- How to decide where responsibility for security should lie.
- How your teams can connect and collaborate for both security and speed.
- How developers can use their unique skills and perspective to help innovate on DevSecOps practices to deliver a more comprehensive, effective understanding of cloud application security.
- The latest thinking on the technologies and techniques that make cloud application security both lightweight and effective.
Attend in-person or virtually
Psst… Attending Cisco Live in person?
The first 50 attendees on site get a free copy of The Unicorn Project by Gene Kim! Register to join us on site and add this to your Session Builder now:
Speed vs Security: New frameworks for protecting
cloud native and multicloud environments – DEVNET-1110
Wednesday, June 7
4-5 PM PT | 7-8 PM ET