Who else is beyond excited for an IN PERSON Cisco Live this year!
This will be my third year managing a Cisco Live DevNet Zone, and I can’t wait to see my many DevNet community friends (and new faces as well!) in person for the first time in quite a while.
As always, the DevNet team is putting together an outstanding technical line-up. Whether you are attending to learn more about how to best use one of Cisco’s APIs, how application security requirements are shifting to developers, full stack observability, or building for the edge… we have hands-on sessions to dig into these topics and many more. Check out the full agenda of DevNet sessions.
Did I say “top 3?” I meant my top 3 favorite sessions for EACH of the five session types you’ll find in the DevNet Zone. My list is below. Check them out. And whether you attend in-person or on-line, don’t wait… register now!
Janel’s Top 3 DevNet Zone 2022 sessions (for each session type)
There are 200+ seats available for these epic learning sessions that will ensure you leave the room smarter. My personal favorites are any and all BRKDEV but these 3 are guaranteed to fill up quickly.
- Leveraging Cisco Security APIs for Threat Hunting Based on Automated Alerting and Intel-Driven Detections
- Programmability and Automation with Catalyst IOS XE Platforms
- NetDevOps Practices for Cisco ACI with Jenkins and Ansible
These bigger sessions seat around 60 and are conveniently located in the DevNet Zone where you can easily connect with the speakers after for follow up conversations 😊
- OpenTelemetry and Epsagon – A Love Story In Three Acts
- API Design-First – Not Just Another Pretty Interface
- Infrastructure as Code + Full-Stack Observability = Love story – DEVNET-1059
These short, fun sessions help you get just enough information but seating is quite limited so don’t delay. You can also catch them on our YouTube channel, so there is no excuse for not checking out a few of these fast-paced and fun sessions even if you are not attending Cisco Live in person.
- Nobody puts docs in a corner DEVLIT-2209
- Getting Started with DevNet & DevNet Certifications DevLIT- 2786
- Cisco Community: The Developer Connection… The Coders, the Dreamers, and Me – DEVLIT-2791
Workshops are my favorite because these intimate learning sessions allow you to BYOD and expect to leave the session with a new skill you can apply in your job the very next day. Picking my top 3 workshops was almost impossible but with only 12 spots for each you can expect these 3 to fill up almost instantly.
- DevNet Workshop: Exposing edge applications via a cloud native lightweight API gateway – DEVWKS-2235
- DevNet Workshop: Introduction to APIClarity – A Wireshark for APIs – DEVWKS-2285
- DevNet Workshop: Real-world application attacks, and how to protect your cloud-native apps from it – DEVWKS-2919
These high impact sessions conveniently located in the DevNet zone have open seating but let’s be honest. Your tired conference legs will thank you for reserving an actual chair.
- How to Continually Transform Your Teams in this Rapidly Evolving Climate DEVNET-2116
- The Power & Influence of Developers – DEVNET-1860
- Software Supply Chain Attacks and How to Secure Your DevOps Pipeline – DEVNET-2470
- Bonus*** AppSec for a k8s and other Cloud Native Worlds – DEVNET-3330
Well, there you have it… my “Top 3” DevNet Session recommendations for Cisco Live US 2022! Let me know which ones you are most excited for in the comments section below (I read them all 😉).
Now that registration is live get moving on booking those sessions. Some sessions have capacity limitations so don’t wait.
- Find all things DevNet Zone
- DevNet Zone session catalog
- Register to attend Cisco Live
- Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter @CiscoDevNet
<!- CISCO LIVE 2022 DEVNET ZONE CODE ->
Join our daily livestream from the DevNet Zone during Cisco Live!
Sign up for the DevNet Zone Cisco Live Email News and be the first to know about special sessions and surprises whether you are attending in person or will engage with us online.
We’d love to hear what you think. Ask a question or leave a comment below.
And stay connected with Cisco DevNet on social!
LinkedIn | Twitter @CiscoDevNet | Facebook | YouTube Channel
CONNECT WITH CISCO