In the world of IT, Oracle OpenWorld (OOW 2014) stands out. If you’re one of the 60K IT professionals attending OOW 2014 next week, we invite you to join us in booth 721 where we’ll be showcasing Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS) and data center solutions that provide a superior platform for Oracle data bases and workloads. The Cisco booth will be jumping with theater sessions, demos and a video studio from which we’ll be streaming live interviews with Oracle ecosystem experts and luminaries.
Oracle VM Test Drive Workshop on Cisco UCS
We couldn’t wait to get started. We’re kicking off on Sunday, September 28th, with a free deep-dive session on Oracle VM on UCS. Attend to learn how Oracle Virtualization on UCS saves money and improves operations. Cisco UCS was designed from the ground up for virtualized workloads, making it an ideal platform for Oracle VM and offering unique advantages for Oracle customers.
- When: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (lunch included)
- Where: Courtyard Marriott San Francisco Downtown (299 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA
- Click here to register.
theCUBE is the IT industry’s premier online video show. Hosts John Furrier, Dave Vallante and theCUBE analyst team will be broadcasting live from the Cisco booth. We kick off on Monday, September 29th at 10:15 am, U.S. Pacific Time, with Kim Stevenson, CIO of Intel, who will be interviewed following her keynote session with Mark Hurd. Other notable interviews will include:
- Jim McHugh, Cisco VP of UCS Marketing with Intel’s Shannon Poulin, VP and GM, Data Center Group, on UCS innovation with Intel Xeon processors for Oracle solutions
- Raghunath Nambiar, Cisco Distinguished Engineer will discuss the latest UCS benchmarks for Oracle workloads.
- Key customers and partners including Oracle and NetApp
For more info, please visit full schedule.
We’re going non-stop with a full line-up of speakers in the Cisco theater. Hear directly from experts from Cisco, Oracle and our partners on important topics such as:
- How Cisco UCS Solves Oracle DBA Problems
- Redefining the data center economics (TCO)
- Cloud IaaS for Oracle applications on Cisco UCS with Cisco UCS Director
- Accelerate Oracle Performance with VCE Vblock Systems and Cisco UCS
- FlexPod Solutions for Oracle Workloads
- Driving Agility and Faster time to market with Oracle VM for Oracle Applications on Cisco UCS
The full schedule is posted here. We know you’ll come for the speakers, but let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to win a cool prize? We’ll be raffling off a pair of urBeats earbuds by Dr. Dre after each theater session.
You can also speak directly with Cisco experts in our featured demos, including:
- Unparalleled Performance and Scalability on Cisco UCS: UCS has set a new standard for Oracle performance. At OOW 2014 we’ll showcase several new world record benchmarks. This demo illustrates key performance metrics and shows how our ecosystem partner’s technology can help your organization reach its business objectives.
- Data Center Infrastructure and UCS Management: Cisco has a developed a number of Integrated Infrastructures such as Vblock and FlexPod which provide documented configurations which reduce implementation time while increasing quality and performance. A “plug-in” for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c will also be reviewed and we’ll preview how Cisco is planning to extend the service profile concept to the network via ACI.
Your visit to the Cisco booth will be engaging and informative. But wait, there’s more! You won’t go home empty handed and you’ll have the opportunity to win one of our terrific prizes.
- Attend a Cisco theater session or view a demo and you’ll receive an exceptionally cool Cisco UCS hat
- If you post a selfie with your Cisco UCS Hat on Twitter, with the #CiscoUCS and #OOW14 hashtagsand you’ll be entered for a chance to win a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones. One pair of headphones willbe raffled off each exhibitor day
- Grand Prize Drawing – Microsoft Surface Pro 3 128GB (courtesy of Intel): You’re automatically entered when you visit the Cisco booth and have your badge scanned. We will be doing a drawing at 5pm on Monday and Tuesday,and 2pm on Wednesday. Mustbe present to win.
Join the Conversation
Follow the Cisco team: @JimMcHugh, @gserda, @HighTechBill, @ReneeYao1 for real time updates and join the conversation via the #OOW14 and #CiscoUCS hashtags. We will be tweeting, posting, blogging, and filming videos. See you there.
CONNECT WITH CISCO