Did you catch the news from Cisco and Citrix yesterday? Here at Citrix Synergy, we announced the new Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix. This new jointly integrated solution brings together best of breed technologies from both companies to deliver a pervasively accessible end user workspace – One that can be delivered on any device, anywhere, seamlessly and securely integrated with the applications and productivity suite necessary for workers to be productive.
Central to this solution are the following tenets of the new mobile workspace:
- Supporting any device, any OS
- Maintaining secure access to the corporate network
- Facilitating rapid expansion and control of mobile applications
- Protecting data and preventing data loss
Foundational to the New Mobile Workspace is a best-in-class workspace virtualization platform built on Cisco Unified Computing System and Citrix XenDesktop.
Check out this infographic which Cisco and Citrix have compiled highlighting some nice proof points of business impact enabled by Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solutions with Citrix XenDesktop – then, ask yourself – “Can Your Server Deliver Results Like These?”
While here at Synergy, I’ve had numerous conversations with VDI implementers who’ve resonated with the unique benefits and performance advantage associated with deploying hosted VDI as well as hosted shared desktops on UCS. Surprised in fact, at the number of attendees I run into who are already well familiarized with:
- The performance advantage VMFEX brings to XenApp environments
- The simplified manageability of UCS Service Profile Templates, enabling rapid turn-up of XenDesktop environments starting from bare metal servers
- The linearly consistent performance with scale, proven through Cisco Validated Designs for Citrix XenDesktop
The roster of clientele that have tapped the benefits of XenDesktop deployed on UCS continues to grow, providing these organizations an accelerated path to delivering an enterprise-wide mobility strategy, built on this differentiated virtual workspace infrastructure.
CONNECT WITH CISCO