It was about 18 months ago, when I started a new project called “Catena”. It was based on my inventions in the area of application-chaining, security, segmentation and L4-L7 applications integration.
I also lead/managed the team to design, develop, validate and deliver the product to customers. The Catena project has grown significantly in last few months. Catena has won 4 industry awards. A large number of customers are deploying Catena.
Catena allows the user to create, orchestrate and scale an elastic network. It could be a data center, service provider or enterprise network.
The innovative solution works with all L4-L7 virtual and physical devices, such as, Firewalls, IPS, IDS, WAAS, DDoS protection, load-balancers, SSL offload engines, network monitoring, etc.
The solution is natively embedded into the switch/router, i.e., the user doesn’t have to buy any service module or external hardware.
Here are some key points:
- Catena doesn’t use any additional packet headers (neither proprietary, nor standards based)
- Catena doesn’t mandate the use of any specialized hardware
- Catena doesn’t mandate the use of any particular controller
Here are some of the links:
- Cisco CEO, Chuck Robbins’ message about Catena
- My Cisco Live presentation on Catena
- Catena blog
- Catena configuration guide on Nexus 9000
- Catena configuration guide on Nexus 7000
For more information and slide deck, please email firstname.lastname@example.org