Virtual reality and real collaboration? Though the exciting new technology is typically associated with gaming and entertainment, our Cisco Emerge team is picturing its more productive possibilities. And exploring how to put VR to work for you.
As we look forward to the day when VR technology is in every conference room, we’ve been experimenting with what Cisco Spark will be like in that realm. (Get a sense of what it’s like in our video.)
And we’re just getting started. What’s next? Join our upcoming #CiscoChat, Tuesday, September 19th, at 11:00 a.m. PT. We’ll look at how teams are already using Cisco Spark in VR, before seeking out expert perspectives on this still-emerging technology. I’ll be leading the chat on @CiscoCollab and joined by:
- Jens Meggers, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Cloud Collaboration, @jensmeggers
- Andy Payne, Senior Director of Cisco Emerge, @andypayne
- David Reeckmann, Engineering Manager for Cisco Emerge, @CiscoEmerge
- Kim Austin, Senior Marketing Manager for Collaboration, @ciscokima
To participate in the chat:
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account.
- Search for the #CiscoChat hashtag and click on the “Latest” tab.
- Follow the moderator’s account to participate. @CiscoCollab will moderate and begin welcoming guests at 11 a.m. PT (2 p.m. ET) and posting questions for discussion.
- Preface your responses with A1 for Question 1, A2 for Questions 2, etc.
- If you need multiple tweets to answer a question, preface each tweet with “A1a,” “A1b,” etc. to make it easier for others to follow the conversation.
- Be sure to use the #CiscoChat hashtag at the end of each tweet to include your contributions in the discussion.
Have questions for Jens Meggers and the Cisco Emerge group? Bring them to the #CiscoChat.
- September 19, Facebook Live: Right before the chat at 10:30 a.m. PT, we’ll have a Live@Cisco event on Facebook. Andy and David will discuss some of the latest VR and augmented reality (AR) advances from the pioneering Cisco Emerge team.
- VR Podcast, September 27: Keep your eyes out for a podcast with the Cisco Emerge team for a focused discussion on the recent history and near future of VR in Cisco Spark.
We look forward to talking with you. See you on September 19th!