IT leaders of all stripes: This podcast is for you. Doesn’t matter what your title is or which industry you work in. If your job involves leading your company’s IT organization on any level—whether for a small line of business or for an entire Fortune 100 enterprise—you’ve got to tune in.
Why? Because our guest for this one was Randy Bias, VP of Technology and Strategy for the Cloud Software Group at Juniper Networks, and he’s one of the most knowledgeable people in the world when it comes to cloud. Really. He’s been involved in it from the very beginning, and is still right up in the heart of the action. He’s started cloud companies, served on boards, and spoken at conferences all over the world. He understands the technology and the organizational hurdles that IT leaders face as they strive to stay ahead of the curve. So he’s got a terrific perspective that allows him to see how things have developed so far, and where they’re going. And let me tell you—he’s got some very strong opinions about what today’s enterprises need to do if they’re going to succeed in the digital era (hint: it doesn’t involve doing things the old way). Specifically, he touches on:
- Why Kubernetes is winning in the container space
- What “Services as a Platform” means and why it is a far less constrained environment than Platform as a Service
- The importance of “Continuous Response” as a DevOps discipline
- Why “grinding out virtual machines on demand is useless”
- The importance of being a technology company first, regardless of your specific industry
- Which companies are successfully transforming their cultures to embrace DevOps and create web-scale cloud platforms
- What he means by “assembly line IT” vs. “the robotics factory model of IT”
The things he says might freak you out, and they might make you uncomfortable, but they also might just help you save your job (or your company). So don’t miss this one!
See the video podcast on our YouTube page, or listen to the audio version on iTunes. And if you like what you hear, we invite you to subscribe to our channel so you don’t miss any of the other exciting podcasts we have scheduled over the next several months.