Arvie Martin and Marc Schneider recently joined us to highlight the new Cisco UCS C4200 Rack Server Chassis, supporting up to four UCS C125 M5 Server nodes.
I recommend that you watch the show and then join us this Thursday for the workshop to learn more, even ask questions.
This new addition to the UCS family adds ‘dense computing’ capabilities.
- If you need a lot of memory: 4-socket a C480/B480
- If you need a lot of storage: s3260
- Dense Compute: C4200 and the C125 M5 compute nodes.
This new multi-node server complements the current portfolio of UCS blade and rack servers and offers the highest compute density found in a 2RU form factor, offering exceptional flexibility and serviceability.
It delivers density-optimized, industry-leading performance and efficiency for a wide range of workloads, including scale-out/compute intensive, general service provider, and bare-metal applications.
Leveraging the AMD Epyc 7000 series processor, this M5 server offers superior processing performance with up to 32-cores per socket, as well as 8-channel memory providing 33% better memory bandwidth performance vs. architectures hosting 6-channel memory.
Each UCS C125 M5 compute node provides up to 100GB of networking, flexible 2.5” HDD/SSD direct attach storage (SAS/SATA/NVMe), PCIe 3.0 expansion, as well as an M.2 or SD option.
The UCS C125 M5 is also supported by Cisco Intersight.
This cloud-based management approach lets administrators configure and manage all Cisco blade, rack, storage, and multi-node servers through a single interface, regardless of where the servers are installed anywhere in the world.
Each C125 M5 compute node features:
- Up to two AMD EPYC 7000 CPUs with up to 32 cores per socket
- 16 DIMM slots for up to 2 TB of 2666-MHz DDR4 memory
- Two PCIe 3.0 Half-Height/Half-Length Slots (1×8, 1×16)
- OCP 2.0 mezzanine slot supporting up to 100Gbps speeds
- Optional 4th Generation PCIe VIC
- Optional Cisco 12G 9460-8i PCIe SAS RAID Controller with 2GB FBWC
- Optional dual SD cards or dual M.2 drives for boot or increased storage capacity
The C4200 Chassis features:
- 24 SFF HDD/SSD Drives
- Up to 2 direct attach NVMe plus 4 SAS/SATA drives per node, or
- Up to 6 direct attach SAS/SATA drives per node
“Dense has never been a better compliment”
CONNECT WITH CISCO