TechWiseTV features the Cisco UCS C4200
This new addition to the UCS family adds ‘dense computing’ capabilities.
- If you need a lot of memory: 4-socket a C480/B480
- If you need a lot of storage: s3260
- Dense Compute: C4200 and the C125 M5 compute nodes.
This new multi-node server complements the current portfolio of UCS blade and rack servers and offers the highest compute density found in a 2RU form factor, offering exceptional flexibility and serviceability.
It delivers density-optimized, industry-leading performance and efficiency for a wide range of workloads, including scale-out/compute intensive, general service provider, and bare-metal applications.
Leveraging the AMD Epyc 7000 series processor, this M5 server offers superior processing performance with up to 32-cores per socket, as well as 8-channel memory providing 33% better memory bandwidth performance vs. architectures hosting 6-channel memory.
Each UCS C125 M5 compute node provides up to 100GB of networking, flexible 2.5” HDD/SSD direct attach storage (SAS/SATA/NVMe), PCIe 3.0 expansion, as well as an M.2 or SD option.
The UCS C125 M5 is also supported by Cisco Intersight.
This cloud-based management approach lets administrators configure and manage all Cisco blade, rack, storage, and multi-node servers through a single interface, regardless of where the servers are installed anywhere in the world.
Each C125 M5 compute node features:
- Up to two AMD EPYC 7000 CPUs with up to 32 cores per socket
- 16 DIMM slots for up to 2 TB of 2666-MHz DDR4 memory
- Two PCIe 3.0 Half-Height/Half-Length Slots (1×8, 1×16)
- OCP 2.0 mezzanine slot supporting up to 100Gbps speeds
- Optional 4th Generation PCIe VIC
- Optional Cisco 12G 9460-8i PCIe SAS RAID Controller with 2GB FBWC
- Optional dual SD cards or dual M.2 drives for boot or increased storage capacity
The C4200 Chassis features:
- 24 SFF HDD/SSD Drives
- Up to 2 direct attach NVMe plus 4 SAS/SATA drives per node, or
- Up to 6 direct attach SAS/SATA drives per node
“Dense has never been a better compliment”