Remote PHY, the industry’s best bet technology for boosting performance, increasing capacity, reducing costs, and simplifying network operations, is the subject of a must-see seminar at this year’s SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo.
Featuring Cisco Fellow and Cable CTO John Chapman, who played a central role in the creation and ongoing development of the Remote PHY DOCSIS standard, the seminar will include an in-depth review of the Remote PHY architecture. Industry trailblazers like, Comcast, Liberty Global, Midcontinent Communications, and others will also share their roadmaps for implementing remote PHY and their timelines for deployment.
The Remote PHY Seminar is scheduled for Tuesday, October 17th and runs from 7:30 AM until Noon in Rooms 401/402 of the Colorado Convention Center.
The session will kickoff with a discussion of Remote PHY technology by some of the most interesting technologists in the industry including — John Chapman, Cisco Fellow and Cable CTO; Jorge Salinger, vice president, access architecture for Comcast; John Pederson, CTO of Midco; and Phil Oakley, director, access platform engineering for Liberty Global. Their discussion will address topics such as the business drivers for Remote PHY adoption, implementing the Remote PHY architecture, and how together, Remote PHY and Full Duplex DOCSIS, can transform your business.
See Cisco Technology and Solutions at Booth #987
When the 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo opens on Wednesday, October 18th, make sure you stop by and see us at booth #987. We think you’ll find a visit to see our step-by-step evolution path across infrastructure, virtualization, management, and automation well worth your time.
For these technology areas we will show you how:
- Next-generation converged cable access platforms (CCAP), DOCSIS 3.1, and Remote PHY can be used to deliver Gigabit service tiers and drive down operating costs
- Virtualized, Cloud Native cable modem termination systems (CMTS) and other functions can enable you to elastically scale and reposition resources to meet changing demand
- Management and automation tools can be used to monitor network health proactively and automate end-to-end provisioning
- Revolutionary cable technologies of the future, including full duplex DOCSIS 3.1 and Mobile backhaul enablement and can be integrated into your business.
We have a great lineup of demos this year, be sure to stop by and see:
- RPHY Node – See the new GS7000 RPHY Optical Node (iNode) Platform in action. Part of the Cisco Infinite Broadband solution, the iNode can help you to reduce TCO, as well as simplify operations and deployments.
- OpenRPD – Using RPHY, we’ll show you our OpenRPD interoperability with multiple RPD vendors at the SCTE.
- RPHY Compact Shelf – See how the industry’s first standards based RPHY Compact Shelf provides CCAP and DOCSIS 3.1 capabilities in small hubs enabling hub site consolidation and reducing TCO.
- SP Automation – Using our recently launched Smart PHY Automation application, we’ll demonstrate the automated provisioning of an RPD and the cBR8. The Smart PHY Automation application allows you to significantly reduce the operational expenses and complexities of a RPHY deployment, including reducing technical field staff training to support RPHY and improving the time to service enablement for RPHY.
- DOCSIS FDX – An industry first, we’ll have a live demonstration of Full Duplex DOCSIS 3.1 using RPHY. Using a working HFC network, we’ll demonstrate new capabilities that make FDX DOCSIS 3.1 function in a network with multiple cable modems, including demonstrating backwards compatibility with DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems.
- Cloud CMTS – See the industry’s first demonstration of a Cloud Native CMTS. Merging the latest NFV developments with DOCSIS, we’ll show a virtualized DOCSIS control and data plane using RPHY to enable a scalable, elastic and distributed CMTS software architecture.
- Video Aware Network – Learn how to build video capabilities into the network using programmable networking and network function virtualization to make the IP network more video aware and make video more network aware.
- IVP & Analytics – See our Infinite Video Platform and Analytics demonstration and learn how Cisco can help you deliver a best in class video experience, while leveraging data and business insights to identify new opportunities.
- Optical Solutions for MSO/Cable – We’ll show you how Cisco’s optical networking solutions can simplify operating and maintaining Cable/MSO networks. At the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, we’ll demonstrate how to maximize existing DWDM systems with the Cisco NCS 2000; how to cost-effectively migrate aging TDM based platforms to IP based transport using High Density Circuit Emulation with the Cisco NCS 4200; and how transport networks can be automated and optimized using Cisco NCS 1000.
- Transforming Cable to 5G – We’ll show you how you can transform your cable business to support 5G by using your existing DOCSIS Infrastructure to densify mobile access with small cells and Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS)
We look forward to seeing you the 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo in Denver, Colorado. Have questions and comments, Tweet us @CiscoSP360.