The OFC conference has long been the place for the world’s top technical minds to present research and innovation in all things related to optical communication, like fiber optics, data communications, and optical networking. This year it will be held in sunny San Diego, California, USA and you can be sure Cisco Optics will be in the exhibit hall.
Stop by our booth (#2000)! There, you’ll see a number of demos, including displays of new products from Cisco’s Transceiver Module Group. This includes a cool live demo of the QSFP-DD form factor for 400G optical interfaces. And when I say cool, I also mean it literally – you’ll be amazed at QSFP-DD’s ability to dissipate heat from 36 QSFP ports in a single rack unit. And that’s with at least 15W generated at each port!
The new dual-rate 40/100 Gb QSFP BiDi transceiver with 40G backward compatibility, and extended short reach 25G transceivers for campus enterprise networks will also be on display.
And in the sessions, Cisco folks are contributing to the mindshare. Among the presentations:
- OSA Exec Forum: Silicon in Photonics – More than Silicon Photonics! (Bill Gartner)Monday 11:10am – 12:20pm
- Combining Probabilistic Shaping and Nonlinear Mitigation: Potential Gains and Challenges (Fernando Guiomar)
Monday 3:00pm – 3:15pm
- Residual Non-Linear Phase Noise in Probabilistically Shaped 64-QAM Optical Links (Dario Pilori)
Monday 3:45pm – 4:00pm
- Open Management and Monitoring of Multilayer Webscale and Carrier Networks Program (Santiago Alvarez)Tuesday 11:00am – 12:30pm Theater III, Hall B2;
- Ethernet Alliance Panel: Ethernet Roadmaps Update (Matt Traverso)Tuesday 12:45pm – 1:45pm, Theater II, Expo Hall Floor
- Real-Time Demonstration of Polarization- Multiplexed PAM using a Compact Silicon Photonics Device (Roberto Gaudino)
Tuesday 3:30pm – 3:45pm;
- Non-Linearity Modeling at Ultra-High Symbol Rates (Pierluigi Poggiolini)
Wednesday 9:00am – 9:15am;
- Panel III: Challenges and Solutions for Delivering 400G+ Client and Line Side Optics (Mark Nowell)Wednesday 2:30pm – 4:00pm Theater I;
- 400G Standards, MSAs and Related Technologies: What is on the Horizon? (Mark Nowell)Wednesday 1:45pm – 5:00pm Theater III, Hall B2.
See you there!