Cisco Carrier-Grade Virtualization for Mobile Operators
Wow how time flies, three months ago there was snow and cold weather in Boston but at the same time it was quite hot at the 2014 MWC. Hot from all of the discussions on Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Orchestration were on everyone’s minds, as both mobile operators and vendors try to answer the question “How to handle Machine-to-Machine (M2M), Internet-Of-Things (IOT) and the 50 Billion new devices by 2020”.
Fast forward to today and NFV & Orchestration Proof Of Concepts (POC) are being requested by or being inserted in every mobile operators network. Many of whom will be publically launching in specific application areas like M2M soon, and several operators are evaluating insertion into their main network sooner than expected.
Cisco Quantum™ Virtualized Packet Core (Quantum vPC), the industry’s most complete, fully virtualized EPC (Evolved Packet Core) that works in conjunction with the new Cisco Evolved Services Platform (ESP). Quantum vPC virtualizes ALL of the capabilities of the Cisco Aggregation Services Router (ASR) 5000 Series
The Cisco Quantum Services Bus (QSB), which simplifies the interaction of multiple intelligence streams for mobile operators to help support network optimization and monetization.
The combined functions of the Quantum vPC and the QSB allow operators to:
- Automatically absorb expected and unexpected peaks as they occur
- Simplify the network to lower OpEx and TCO
- Use virtualization to turn capacity on and off when needed
- Deliver consistent, high-quality services to users
- Use analytics to see exactly what’s going on across their network at any time
- Make their business more agile and responsive to market dynamics
- Deploy new services faster with lower costs and far less risk
See how the latest technology helps service providers create, automate, and provision network services with carrier-grade virtualization, making them more agile and better able to capture new revenue opportunities, including machine to machine (M2M), in the Internet of Everything and Premium Mobile Broadband
solutions can help service providers like you better optimize and monetize your network investments.
For any service provider interested in carrier-grade virtualization, this is one episode of Cisco TechWiseTV you definitely will not want to miss.
Watch Tao Jiang Cisco Mobile Technology Group TME discusses Cisco Quantum™ Virtualized Packet Core & Gibson Ang Senior Product Manager discusses the Cisco Quantum™ Services Bus.
- Combining packet core services into a single solution with Cisco Quantum Virtualized Packet Core
- Cisco Quantum Services Bus: an “abstract once and use many” model of services integration
- Approximate duration: 43 minutes
Further Information available at: