Update – Software for the WAP581 is now posted on cisco.com! Download it for free today! If you are interested in purchasing either models, contact your favorite Cisco Partner.
I hope you have been able to watch the FIFA World Cup as well as action on grass at Wimbledon. The action over the last two weeks have been nothing short of amazing. Serena Williams and Angie Kerber will meet Saturday for the Women’s Final. On the Men’s side, Kevin Anderson and John Isner played a 6 1/2 hour match today, the longest Wimbledon Match in History. The South African, Kevin Anderson will meet the winner of Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, who just left the court at 11pm (curfew).
The Men’s Final is Sunday, the same day and time as the World Cup Final between Croatia and France.
On this Friday the 13th, a #FryDay, we have very good news. We are very excited to let you know that the WAP125 now is available with Umbrella. That’s right, now this 802.11ac wireless Dynamo now has Umbrella on it. This feature, as well as an improved, optimized Captive Portal feature, set-up wizard for mobile devices, social logins including Facebook etc. and Google Authentication and support for Cloudshark for cloud-based remote packet capture.
How is that for a firmware release? Want me to one-up you? The WAP581 will get a similar release next week!
If you already have a WAP125 or WAP581, do not worry, you are covered. Go to our software download page and download the new firmware. Make sure to read the release notes. If you are interested in purchasing, see your local Cisco Partner or click on over to Cisco.com.
For more on Cisco Umbrella, click here.
The Cisco WAP125 is an affordable model that is perfect for small businesses, remote offices, home offices, teleworkers, retail, restaurants, and any other type of small business or franchise.
Features and capabilities
- Cost-effective 802.11ac Wave 1 wireless technology
- Single PoE (802.3af) Gigabit Ethernet port for simple installation and powering
- A captive portal supports secure guest access
- Intuitive web-based configuration wizard for deployment and setup in minutes
- Desktop design with integrated stand for easy access and placement
- Support for Cisco FindIT Network Management means easy management and control
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty for peace of mind
Specifications at a glance
- Single radio supports both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, with speeds up to 867 Mbps
- 2×2 MIMO with 2 spatial streams on 802.11n, or 1×1 on 802.11ac
- Intelligent QoS to prioritize network traffic
- Workgroup Bridge mode for expanding your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network
- Powered via AC or PoE (AC adapter included)
The Cisco WAP581 Wireless Access Point delivers blazing-fast wireless performance, securely and reliably. This WAVE2 model is designed to meet your needs today, and tomorrow.
Features and capabilities
- Supports 4×4 multiuser, multiple-input, multiple-output (MU-MIMO) technology on 5-GHz radio and 3×3 MIMO technology on 2.4-GHz radio for maximum performance.
- Supports dual Gigabit Ethernet (2.5 GE and 1 GE) LAN with Energy-Efficient Ethernet and link aggregation.
- Provides the Integrated Wireless Spectrum Analysis tool, which detects nearby radio frequency interference for easy troubleshooting.
- Offers a captive portal that facilitates highly secure guest access with customized roles and rights.
- Offers Single Point Setup, which requires no controller, for easy, cost-effective deployment of multiple access points.
- Works with the Cisco FindIT Network Management platform to manage and monitor your Cisco 100, 300, and 500 Series Access Points.
Specifications at a glance
- Concurrent dual-band radio: 2.8 Gbps on 5-GHz radio, 600 Mbps on 2.4-GHz radio
- Robust security: WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS authentication, rogue access-point detection
- Wi-Fi Scheduler lets you control Wi-Fi access during and after business hours
- Integrated Wireless Packet Capture tool assists in troubleshooting
- Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to keep critical applications at top performance
- Support for energy-saving sleep mode and port-control features
- Multiple internal antennas allow for installation on ceiling, wall or desktop
I will send an update when the new firmware with Umbrella and other features is posted to Cisco.com.
Enjoy the rest of the 13th, and fryday.
From your our team to your team,
Thank you for hanging out.
Recommended user support Up to 64 connective users, 10 active users. Source https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-100-series-wireless-access-points/datasheet-c78-738881.html
Price need to be much lower. We are not comtive with this price on this category of bayers.
Hello Small Users Count – this model presents solid value for the money. Way under $100 USD – all with Umbrella and other new features make this a solid choice. Feel free to ping us with an email i you would like review with us live.
Great product with great features. Umbrella is pure bonus to have!
Thank you Eva!
What do you think? Is a hotdog a sandwich? LOL!!
Thanks for the link to the Cisco Umbrella page, and thanks for the info on the two WAPs.
It seems interesting and sounds cool. Thanks for the info. Read something interesting about business here:
interesting. Thanks for the info.
Comments are closed.