Cisco SecureX: Year 2
It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a year since we announced the Cisco SecureX platform at RSA 2020! We set out with the goal to streamline our customers’ operations with increased visibility across their security portfolio, provide out-of-the-box integrations, powerful security analytics, and automated workflows to speed threat detection and response.
Almost a year and more than 6,500 customers later, we have continued to add capabilities and build bridges between various parts of your security environment (Cisco and beyond) to deliver the outcomes you need to succeed for years to come.
Earlier this year at Cisco Live, we announced two new features for the platform. SecureX Orchestration allows you to respond to threats with machine-like speed via response workflows which reduce the number of human hours spent on investigation, response, threat hunting, and much more. We also announced our true turnkey configuration for 3rd party solutions, in a continued effort to provide you with unified visibility across all your security control points, making it easier than ever to connect additional solutions to aid in your SecOps, NetOps and ITOps outcomes.
Today, we’re excited to announce the newest feature coming to SecureX, device insights!
Comprehensive insight into all disparate sources in one location
Continuing with our goal of providing our customers with increased visibility and management options, device insights is designed to consolidate, discover, normalize, and work with your device inventory within SecureX. Device insights unifies multiple device managers, endpoint detection and response, AV, and other endpoint security products and then brings the details those tools and solutions provide into a unified view within SecureX.
Device insights enables your organization to:
- Identify gaps in control coverage, build custom policies, and explore opportunities for playbook driven automation
- Enrich, simplify, and automate security investigations with a holistic view of device data enhanced with context
- Use for contextual awareness to identify and isolate endpoints ensnared in cyber-attacks
- Proactively resolve common network configuration problems for users, resulting in fewer help desk tickets
Device insights also gives your organization comprehensive endpoint inventory within SecureX. You can keep track of device inventory counts and better understand the expanding and changing nature of your network. Furthermore, Endpoint searching and reporting allows you to assess device security posture on employee-owned, contractor-owned, and IoT/OT devices—without risking business disruption. Stop threats before problems occur!
With device insights, you’ll be able to answer these all-important questions:
- What types of devices are connected to our network?
- What users have been accessing those devices?
- Where are those devices located?
- What vulnerabilities are associated with those devices?
- Which security agents are installed?
- Is our security software up to date?
- What context do we have from technologies beyond the endpoint?
There’s plenty more to look forward to in SecureX’s second year! We’re hard at work building the next bridges to provide our customers with a simplified security experience and we can’t wait to share them with you. In the meantime, if you’d like to learn more about some of our other features, be sure to check out the links below.
- Reduce Complexity with a Built-in Platform Experience At-a-Glance
- Cisco Automation and Orchestration Services for SecureX At-a-Glance
- Cisco SecureX threat response Data Sheet
- Reflecting on a Year of Cisco SecureX
- Cisco empowers the endpoint and unleashes XDR capabilities from the SecureX Platform
- Cisco SecureX — Helping Networks and Security Tools Work Better Together
To stay up to date on what’s happening with SecureX, tune into our next Cisco Secure Insights Summit on June 3. Be sure to save the date and join us as we explore top industry trends and technological innovations that defenders can use to protect their businesses from new and emerging threats, including secure access service edge (SASE), XDR, and the platform advantage of SecureX.
We’d love to hear what you think. Ask a Question, Comment Below, and Stay Connected with Cisco Secure on social!
Cisco Secure Social Channels
This blog has explained in detailed how reconciliations, amazing security investigation, and computerized work processes to speed danger identification and reaction. Very nice blog.
Comments are closed.