Cisco Hosting Amsterdam 2016 FIRST Technical Colloquium
We’d like to announce a “Save the Date” and “Call for Speakers” for the FIRST Amsterdam Technical Colloquium (TC) 2016. The event, hosted by Cisco Systems in Amsterdam, Netherlands will be a plenary style conference held on the 19th and 20th of April 2016.
Event registration is open now. This will be free event with no registration charges (although registration is required). This event will be open to all (not just FIRST members). Please register here.
A list of recommended hotels and travel information is available on our website.
Call for Speakers
FIRST is looking for speakers that would like to present at this Technical Colloquium. This is a GREAT opportunity to give something back to FIRST and the industry, while practicing your speaking skills and sharing your hard work.
Any novel ideas, techniques, case studies, or research related to incident and threat response are welcome. Some suggested topics are as follows:
- Threat actor techniques
- Creative incident response techniques
- Indicators of compromise and how detect/mitigate
- Data analytics for security
- Criminal underground
- Denial-of-service attacks and countermeasures
- Hardware security/embedded systems security
- Network and OS security
- Digital forensics
- Human-computer interaction, security, and privacy
- Intrusion and anomaly detection and prevention
- Malicious code analysis, anti-virus evasion, etc.
- Security architecture
- Open Source tools
For your submission, please provide the following information:
- Brief Summary (Abstract)
- Presenter’s Name(s), Affiliation, and short biography
- Estimated Time (45 mins + 10 for questions is typical)
If you’re interested in speaking, please contact us at email@example.com. We are hoping to have the program on the event website by the end of February 2016, so please get in touch with us ASAP. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Matt Valites & Jeff Bollinger