We are thrilled about the innovative work we’re doing to provide better location-based services for our customer. Our latest innovation, The Cisco Hyperlocation Module, has been selected by UBM as a Best of Interop finalist for the Mobility/Wireless category!
It’s an honor to be recognized for our innovation and technological advancements in wireless, and we wanted to share a bit more about our submission with you.
What is the Cisco Hyperlocation Modules?
Understanding customer behavior is a key asset for any business. Indoor location-based services, such as those supported by Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX), help to address this need. More accurate data can help a business with their pain points: gaining more accurate analytics on customer behavior, better statistics for operational optimization, and even providing better customer-facing content. The greater the location accuracy, the greater the relevance of the content.
The Cisco Hyperlocation Module provides that accuracy. As one of today’s most advanced location solutions, Cisco Hyperlocation is precise in pinpointing beacons, inventory, and personal mobile devices. Other vendor solutions use multiple access points to triangulate location coordinates within 5 to 7 meters of accuracy, but Hyperlocation, in conjunction with BLE beacons, can pinpoint locations to within a single meter.
Enhance Existing Solutions with Better Accuracy
Each Hyperlocation module easily attaches to either the Cisco Aironet 3700 or 3600 series access points. The accuracy is enhanced with three Cisco technologies. The modules analyze the RF signal Angle of Arrival (AoA) with the received signal strength indicator (RSSI) and triangulate it for better accuracy. Cisco FastLocate technology provides a faster refresh rate to capture more location data points. And system latency has been significantly decreased to deliver more real-time location information. These capabilities provide always-on coverage since the solution is network-based instead of installed on devices. Also, customers get more out of their investment with a Cisco platform that leverages and expands on an existing access-point deployment.
By integrating Hyperlocation with an existing deployment, the improved accuracy can take those solutions to new levels of efficiency. Combining it with Cisco’s CMX, for instance, can result in more precise location analytics—which helps you deliver more targeted content to users. Give directions to new customers. Place products according to consumer preferences. Rearrange aisles and shelving to capitalize on shopper foot traffic. It’s all made possible with precise location detection.
Built-In Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons
With multiple Built-in Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons, businesses can get more out of their location-based solutions using beacons with BLE Features. By enabling BLE-based engagements, Hyperlocation can be used to alert client devices to auto trigger visual displays, such as ads in a retail store or provide visitors with other relevant information in museums for example.
Common Use Cases
- Hospitals: Track location of clinicians, amount of time spent with patients, and location of medical devices and equipment. Patients can also use applications that help them navigate from the parking lot to clinicians’ offices inside hospitals.
- Warehouses and retail stores: Greet customers on mobile devices as they enter, advertise more effectively by discovering where guests spend time and money, and send targeted coupons as customers enter specific departments or use analytics to better understand where customer congregate. Education: Determine where students congregate to place wireless access points where they’re most needed; monitor student foot traffic to better schedule classes; and identify student/faculty location in security incident response procedures
We have a number of places where you can get more information on the Cisco Hyperlocation Module.
- Cisco Hyperlocation At-A-Glance
- Hyperlocation Animated video
- On-demand webcast: Discover the Precision of the New Cisco Hyperlocation Solution
- Also, visit us at Interop Las Vegas in booth #1327 where will be providing a live demo on the Cisco Hyperlocation Module as well as other activities