CiscoLive! was one for the record books. It was great to be able to join over 125,000 customers and partners to watch all of the amazing content: from Chuck’s keynote, to the inspirational story of our nonprofit partner Destination:Home, to… wait, was that Dave Matthews and Joan Jett?
If you haven’t yet checked out CiscoLive!, what are you waiting for? All of the sessions – from the keynote to demos, and everything in between—are available on-demand. There truly is something for everyone, from a CTO to a student studying for certification.
If you’re not sure where to start, here are few highlights (and some of my favorite parts):
- If you’ve been looking for an introduction to IBN, Prashanth Shenoy gave a great overview in his Beyond SDN session, which goes over six use cases of IBN and how advanced networking technologies work together to align to business needs. You can watch or download the video here:
- We announced new insights and automation capabilities in Cisco DNA subscriptions that make your network run faster and smarter, including Cisco User Defined Network, Cisco Secure Access Services Edge (SASE), Endpoint and Group-Based Policy Analytics and New IoT enhancements to DNA Spaces (you can learn more about the particulars here: Intent-Based Networking Innovations: 5 New Ways Cisco Helps IT Run Faster and Smarter).
- Personally, I spent some time learning about how the network affects our future, like how networking works to transform business in the “new normal”, how 5G, Private LTE and Wi-Fi-6work together to create seamless connectivity, and how Cisco Connected Experiences help businesses keep pace with an evolving technology landscape (and increased customer demands).
- Customer feedback and experiences are so important to product development – and the future of networking. There was a great customer panel on business continuity — featuring Adventist Health, Fannie Mae and Farm Credit Mid-America — discussing how the network allowed them to scale up during unprecedented demand. You can watch the video or download it here:
- Speaking of customers, Cisco is its own customer – Customer Zero. We deployed SD-WAN and SDA, and our own engineers from Cisco IT tell you all about it.
- Cisco Live! wasn’t just about technology. I also got to learn how to be an inclusive leader in a time of crisis, how to see around corners, how to raise up the voices of young women, and the series “Women of Cisco Digital Cocktails and Conversations” which focuses on career trajectory and building teams.
- If you’re interested in everything Data Center Networking, Ravi Balakrishnan has a wrap-up of the great sessions that covered DCN.
While we couldn’t all be together in one room, Cisco Live! was the next best thing. You can see all of the on-demand sessions (as well as sessions from past Cisco Live! events) at ciscolive.com, and there are video on demand sessions that will be posted through September. Don’t forget to follow the conversation on social media at #CiscoLive.
Subscribe to the Networking blog
CONNECT WITH CISCO