The skills gap isn’t coming. It’s already here. The good news is, every manufacturer has the opportunity to not only overcome this unprecedented shortage of skilled labor; but also take advantage of the opportunities that come with it to build a competitive edge. How is this massive shortage of unfilled manufacturing jobs impacting your profitability and company culture? In this episode, we’ll learn
- What is the “skills gap”? And how has it evolved into a massive hurdle for the entire industry?
- Why does tribal knowledge matter?
- Leadership is an action, not a position
- What does successful IT OT convergence really look like?
- Nothing matters without security
- Why is it so difficult to calculate ROI for investments that solve this challenge?
- Can wireless help?
SEPT. 7th to Google Podcast, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, and TuneIn + Alexa
Want to learn more?
Check out the featured resources mentioned in this episode:
- How Manufacturers Will Tackle Talent Shortage 2019
- 2019 National Manufacturing Outlook and Insights
- 2018 Deloitte and Manufacturing Institute Skills Gap & Future of Work Study
More resources for you
- IT OT Convergence: Moving Forward with Digital Manufacturing (WHITEPAPER)
- Your Experts to the Rescue (VIDEO 1:33)
Got a question?
Submit your question in the comments section at the bottom of this blog. All questions will be answered in detail within 2 business days.
Have an idea for a good episode?
What would you like to see covered on the show? Leave your episode suggestions in the comments section below. We will review your suggestion and bring in the best experts to discuss your topic of choice!
Tell us what you think!
We use your feedback to make our episodes as helpful as possible! Use the comment section at the bottom of this blog to let us know what you love about the show and provide any suggestions for how we can improve.