Converged Plantwide Ethernet is tested and validated by Cisco and Rockwell Automation
What’s at stake?
Roughly 46 percent of organizations will experience 5-16 hours of downtime from a major security breach. Other risks to company profits include the unpredictable maintenance costs of an aging infrastructure and the number of industrial IoT devices increasing daily.
This is why industrial leaders are modernizing their operations through a convergence of operational technology (OT) and information technology (IT). The goal? To solve common challenges like:
- Limited visibility. It’s hard to make informed decisions—and stay secure—if you can’t see what’s happening in your network. What if instead, your network gave you visibility across your enterprise for better performance and decision-making?
- Under-utilized resources. You’re not getting full value out of your resources—production, assets, or workforce.What if instead, you’re able to better connect to people and equipment to maximize workforce capabilities and independence?
- Slow time to repair. Production failures can take hours, even days, to troubleshoot. What if instead, you have the option to securely connect people and assets inside and outside of your facility—to expedite repairs and reduce downtime?
This transition opens up opportunities for innovation and growth. But to move toward modernization, you need to build the foundation.
Converged Plantwide Ethernet (CPwE) is a blueprint that helps you design and deploy the industrial network infrastructure you need. It’s an infrastructure that is scalable, reliable, and secure. It’s also tested and validated by Cisco and Rockwell Automation.
CPwE is important because it:
- Enables business agility. The network allows you to access data in real time and make adjustments quickly.
- Optimizes production. End-to-end operational visibility allows you to minimize downtime and ease maintenance issues.
- Minimizes risk. Protect information from security breaches and threats.
How to get started
We’ve created an interactive tool to help you navigate the pain points, business impact, products, and implementation guides. Explore how CPwE can help your business today.
Want to learn more? Explore the Top 6 Reasons Manufacturers Turn to Cisco.