Welcome to the third and final blog of the Extending Care series. In past posts, we’ve shared key determinants in telehealth adoption, as well as the world of opportunity with EHR-integrated video. Now, we’re excited to release our new remote care solution – Cisco Extended Care.
Cisco Extended Care is more than just telehealth.
This solution leverages simple API frameworks and Dynamic Link capabilities to integrate with your existing EHR system. It receives scheduled appointment data from the EHR or other portal application’s telehealth workflow, and then uses that to launch the virtual video experience. See Cisco Extended Care in action in this demo:
A native virtual waiting room functionality provides a more authentic and welcoming experience for remote engagements. The provider can serve specific imagery and messaging to users while they wait for all participants to join the telehealth session, or enable triage workflows throughout the patient encounter.
Combined with the ability to redirect video to supported Cisco endpoints, as well as third party telehealth carts, providers can use the EHR client application running in a virtual desktop environment. This seamless experience allows a high quality video encounter through a dedicated video endpoint. Not only are consultations more natural, but this also ensures deployment is scalable in a virtual desktop environment, resulting in higher adoption rates.
The value of Cisco Extended Care is clear:
- Easy and cost-effective deployment model by redirecting video to Cisco endpoints from EHR client thin-client environments.
- Improve clinician efficiency and productivity by unifying EHR and video telehealth workflows to a single, cohesive familiar interface and process.
- Close gaps and improve quality of care with proactive discharge follow-ups, intuitive portal access and reduced care continuum complexity.
- Leverage your investment and reduce support costs by building upon your Cisco security, unified communication and video investments
- Flexible and scalable integrations with Extended Care allowing you to not just integrate the system with the EHR’s client or web portal but also portals and clients from any number of third party vendors or those developed in-house.
Learn more about Cisco Extended care by contacting your Cisco sales representative or visiting cs.co/extendedcare.
CONNECT WITH CISCO