There continues to be a lot of buzz around digital transformation, but what exactly does it mean in the context of healthcare, and what benefits does it bring to healthcare providers?
Starting with the basics, we know that “digital transformation” simply means organizational change via digital technology and business models. These changes can include the transformation of operations, revenue models, and even the core culture or your organization.
For providers, transformation drivers include significant disruptions in the healthcare industry:
- Tech-savvy consumers
- Proliferation of data and devices, including wearables
- Remote-care options and expectations
- Security and regulatory requirements
To succeed in today’s healthcare landscape, providers are focusing on specific digital capabilities to bring these benefits across the continuum of care, from home to clinic or hospital—and back home again.
- Improve population health management and outreach
- Enhance the patient experience
- Deliver differentiated services
- Improve workflows, efficiency, safety, and security
Cisco empowers digital transformation for providers with solutions that enable virtual care, personalized and mobile experiences, and optimized workflows and operations, as well as end-to-end security for people, facilities, data, and devices.
For more information on Cisco comprehensive solution set for healthcare organizations, please visit cisco.com/go/healthcare and connect with us on social media.