IT Services Can Ensure Your Investment Isn’t Wasted
IT services have changed a lot since I first became involved with them, but then, so has networking. We use to laugh about putting an IP address on a refrigerator and now the Internet of Things has made that a reality.
However, as technology evolves and becomes more sophisticated, it becomes increasingly easy to overlook the full range of capabilities it offers. This is a problem for all organizations, but federal agencies operating under tight budgets and accountable to the White House may be especially sensitive to it.
After all, what good is new technology if you don’t take advantage of all the embedded features and functionality? Just having the latest and greatest whiz-bang software or device is only half of the equation. Have you realized the full value of your investment?
Thankfully, as IT has become more complex, services have evolved to help C-Suite Executives and network administrators make smarter choices to support long-term strategy and day-to-day operations. Basic break-fix is fundamental, but adoption and proactive intelligence regarding your network is better.
Think about implementing the following best practices when it comes your IT investments:
- Assign someone — directly or via a valued and trusted partner — to proactively manage your network inventory. Be sure to agree on detailed processes to reconcile changes, including RMAs.
- Make sure all deployed hardware and software components have break-fix service contracts, either via subscription or purchase. This will ensure your operating systems and applications are up to date, provided your IT team has the bandwidth and necessary expertise to keep up with changes.
- Purchase Adoption Services to ensure your organization actually uses the technology once deployed. This is especially important with collaboration services.
- Consider purchasing the following to minimize lengthy and expensive outages, deployment delays and unnecessary expenditures:
- Proactive break-fix services, like Cisco Technical Services Advantage, to supplement your staff.
- Optimization Services to identify problem areas that may limit your ability to realize your overall strategy.
- Advisory Services to develop a fully vetted roadmap and achieve your business objectives.
No matter what stage you have reached in planning, designing, implementing or optimizing an IT network, Cisco can help ensure you realize the full value of your investment and your strategic goals.