Co-authored by Morgan Bright
Bringing in the New Urban Era: SCEWC23
The new normal is upon us, and an inclusive future is no longer just a utopian dream; the new urban era is here, and the importance of a connected community has never been more evident. In this new era, cities are grappling with numerous challenges; November 7th-9th in Barcelona, the Smart City Expo World Congress will present its grandest edition yet, showcasing a human-centric urban revolution. The primary objective is to foster a global movement that unites governments in pursuing innovative solutions to confront the pressing challenges of our times. This event seeks to empower communities worldwide to collectively drive urban innovation and address the critical issues that our world faces today.
Cisco is uniquely positioned to be the bridge between envisioning a better future and creating it. At the core of Cisco’s mission lies a commitment to people, ensuring equitable access to data-driven, sustainable solutions to help transform communities, powering opportunity and creating a more equitable future.
Explore the Booth
- Stand D111, Hall 2
- Book a booth tour or 1:1 meeting. Our team of subject matter experts are ready to discuss your organization’s priorities and technology needs. Contact your Cisco account representative directly to request a meeting or click here to request a meeting yourself.
- Enjoy a complimentary coffee in our Café Cisco. We’ll bring the caffeine! Grab a complimentary beverage at Café Cisco and sit down with our team for a deep dive to talk about your current business challenges.
- Learn from experts in the Cisco in-booth theater. The Cisco in-booth theater will host over 42 public sector experts and innovators for 15-minute, high-impact presentations. From learning how to leverage broadband infrastructure to building cyber security into smart cities, we guarantee you will learn something new in our theater. Click here to view our full theater schedule.
- Visit our onsite demos. Our booth will feature 9 rotating demos featuring the following topics: communities reimagined, community use cases and the technology behind them, security resilience for communities, the future of work for government, power of the platform, connected transportation infrastructure, the path to full stack observability, and sovereign cloud. You can learn more about these demos and related speaking sessions here.
Attend our marquee theater presentations
This year, we’ve added two powerful 45-minute marquee theater presentations.
- Local Governments Reimagining Workforce and Smart Public Spaces
Tuesday, November 7th | Session 13:00 local time
This 45-minute discussion features CXOs representing Fort Worth, TX, and Cary, NC, – two leading municipalities differentiating themselves in their rapid growth and pioneering spirit in leveraging technology to transform how local governments serve residents. Moderated by Cisco’s Vice President of U.S. State, Local Governments, and Education (SLED), the conversation will explore innovative approaches to government workforce and how technology is transforming physical city spaces.
- Local Government and Industry: Building Resilient Cities Together
Wednesday, November 8th | Session 10:30 local time
This 45-minute panel discussion, moderated by Cisco’s Vice President of U.S. State, Local Governments, and Education (SLED), explores how U.S. cities are seamlessly integrating technology into their urban strategies across various sectors. The session will feature leading U.S. mayors who are pioneers in the application of transformative technology and intelligent infrastructure. The panel will focus on critical challenges facing city leadership and explore the potential for synergies between industry and local governments in building resilient cities.
Join us in the Cisco booth for food and beverage experience sponsored by AppDynamics on Wednesday, November 8th at 18:00-19:00 local time.
We look forward to meeting at Smart City Expo World Congress 2023 and showing you how Cisco’s innovative solutions lay the foundation for a more connected, secure and sustainable future in cities and communities!