You’re probably as excited by the latest release of Cisco SD-WAN as I am. And you probably want to get your hands on it as fast as possible. Why? … Of course, so you can:
- explore the awesome capabilities of cloud delivered overlay WAN architectures
- assess the APIs and how developers can streamline operations workflows
- deploy and manage devices and enhance application experiences.
Well, control your excitement no longer. DevNet Sandbox is releasing two new sandboxes that will give you access to Cisco SD-WAN 19.2 in seconds!
Always-on, for instant access!
The Cisco SD-WAN Always-On Sandbox gives you instant access to the SD-WAN APIs to programmatically explore a topology consisting of multiple end points spread across three separate sites.
Users can develop and test SD-WAN based applications, interacting with the SD-WAN API through clients such as postman. To get you started, we’ve also provided you this handy POSTMAN for Cisco SD-WAN repo with a pre-configured environment and collection. (We’re nice like that.)
Reservable Cisco SD-WAN Sandbox
The Cisco SD-WAN Reservable Sandbox provides you with templates for the following use cases:
- A topology that includes, 1 DC/Regional Hub IOS-XE SD-WAN router (CSR1000v), 2 IOS-XE SD-WAN (CSR1000v) branch routers with 1 router at each branch and 1 vEdge Cloud branch router. All these routers are configured to leverage two transport circuits -MPLS and Public Internet.
- A centralized hub-n-spoke control policy activated so that, SD-WAN overlay tunnels are formed in Hub-n-Spoke topology with all spokes forming IPsec tunnels only with DC/Hub router. In addition, a WAN emulator which induces 200ms round trip latency and 0.05 loss on the link between Internet router and DC IOS-XE SD-WAN router.
Wait! There’s more…
We want you get the most out of these sandboxes and your exploration of Cisco SD-WAN solutions, so we also got more to get your journey started:
- Visit the SD-WAN microsite and the SD-WAN Product Documentation on DevNet to learn about the associated REST APIs
- Explore Code Exchange for more POSTMAN examples, Ansible playbooks and python REST API examples.
- Pull and dive into the python SDK for vManage
Got questions or comments? Send me a comment in the space below. Thanks!