If you are like me your bags are already packed and you are already Amsterdam bound (at least mentally). Make sure you read our other post covering important DevNet Zone takeovers and sessions.
Before I take off on my flight I wanted to share a few tips for how you can get the most out of the DevNet Zone at Cisco Live in Amsterdam for your in person experience, and also virtually if you cannot make it to the show.
Not to miss in person activities
The Developer Dash is sooo much fun. Compete with other attendees at the show to leverage your DevNet knowledge and move the racecar around the track as fast as you can for a chance to win the top spot (and prize) each day. Also our DevNet Zone welcome desk has a limited number of Digital Tokens (formerly called POAPS) for you to add to your collection. But be sure to come on day 1, because we are guaranteed to run out.
If there is any space left in your schedule make sure you add these 4 sessions to complete your balanced DevNet Zone experience:
Inclusive in Tech Panel, Thursday at 5PM
Living Life on the Edge: From Developers to Ops, Thursday at noon
The 12 facets of the OpenAPI Standard, Friday at 9:15AM
Why API Contracts matter, Monday at 10AM
- Join the Design Thinkers from DevNet and Service Provider in a series of hands-on activities to share your experience and provide feedback in topic areas such as API quality and networking workflows. Help us build empathy and provide better product experience with plenty of opportunities to win prizes at the same time.
- Want to explore an industry problem or a specific pain point that your organization is facing? Or would you like to test out one or more of our projects in stealth mode? Visit our Design Partner Community space just behind the welcome desk to get started!
If you won’t be joining us in Amsterdam, we still have an awesome experience planned for you:
- You can stream the Opening Keynote on Tuesday from 10AM – 11:15AM Amsterdam local time at https://www.ciscolive.com/emea and follow along the rest of the day for interviews and topical sessions making sure not to miss Thursday’s closing Keynote at 5:30PM Amsterdam local time
- We will be updating our DevNet event homepage every day with the latest lightning talks recorded on the show floor completely free! Be sure to check back every day so you don’t miss any.
- DevNet’s Ray Stephenson Innovation talk and all of the other Innovation Talks will be live streamed as well. You can find the complete calendar here.
Our workshops are always popular and usually the registration fills up fast. If you tried to get into one of our workshops but couldn’t find a spot we are setting up a relay lounge in Amsterdam for you to follow along real time on your own device. There is no extra cost associated with participating, we can’t provide CE credits and there will be no proctors available to help. But, if you are looking to add some workshop style learning to your Cisco Live experience, please join us above the DevNet Zone and let us know what you think.
Please stay tuned to the blogs for daily updates from the show and I wanted to wish safe travels to all attendees; I cannot wait to Hallo Wereld with you all!
We’d love to hear what you think. Ask a question or leave a comment below.
And stay connected with Cisco DevNet on social!