Forrester Consulting recently conducted a Total Economic Impact (TEI) study and examined the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize by deploying the Cisco Data Virtualization solution. This provides readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of investing in the Cisco Data Virtualization solution for their organizations.
Forrester gathered data through interviews with some of our long-term customers who have several years’ experience using the solution to better understand the benefits, costs, and risks associated with Cisco Data Virtualization. In this blog, I’d like to dive a little deeper on these customers, the challenges they were faced with and the results they are seeing from implementing Cisco Data Virtualization.
Global Pharmaceutical Organization
- Challenge: Needed better and consolidated data access to shorten the lengthy drug development cycles (industry average to bring a new drug to market is 15 years).
- Solution: Built a flexible data model / abstraction layer across all source systems. Created agile data integration methodology using the Cisco Information Server.
- Results: Improved data quality, reduced time required to develop projects by 50%, and 60% reduced research and development project delays.
Global Nonprofit Organization
- Challenge: Needed to re-engineer IT to meet growth and complexity requirements with many new data sources. Faster time to market and higher services levels for new programs and initiatives was a key requirement.
- Solution: Implemented data virtualization to manage all source and consumer data delivery. This allowed connection to all new and existing data sources.
- Results: Improved operational service level agreement between IT and the business, 25% faster time to market for new programs & initiatives, and greater IT and business agility.
US-Based Government Agency
- Challenge: Needed to unify data from many siloed sources (relational and non-relational) in real-time for quick, strategic decision-making.
- Solution: Data virtualization allowed shareable Web services to simplify external access / passing of data to various consuming applications and integrated existing enterprise service bus and business process management.
- Results: Accurate data delivered in real-time. Reduced the time to bring new data sources and new applications online.
Global Entertainment Company
- Challenge: Difficulties getting access to all the data needed for key revenue-generating initiatives.
- Solution: Built a flexible virtual data layer across all source systems to run predictive analysis.
- Results: Better business decisions are made from data insights while improving the customer experience and increasing revenue by more than $21 million.
I’m pleased to have such enthusiastic customers speak about our product and hope you enjoy the study. Click here to read the full Forrester TEI study on Cisco Data Virtualization and let me know your thoughts.
Do these customer stories interest you? Let me know if you’d like to hear more on one of the cases above and I can dive even deeper on one of these in another blog.
Join the Conversation
Learn More from My Colleagues