What Is Red Hat OpenShift?
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is a cloud-based Kubernetes container platform. The foundation of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is based on Kubernetes and therefore shares the same technology. Red Hat OpenShift is a popular option for building and scaling on-premises or hybrid cloud containerized applications. It provides developers and IT organizations with cloud application platforms that can be used for deploying applications on secure and scalable resources. It requires minimal configuration and management overhead and brings the Kubernetes platform to customer data centers and cloud. All with the security, privacy, compliance, and governance requirements you demand.
Red Hat OpenShift on UCS X-Series
Just before Cisco Live this year, Sr. Product Manager Oliver Walsdorf published a great blog on our new CVD and produced a demo video featured in the World of Solutions at Cisco Live.
The following video shows how easy it is to use Ansible to stand up a cluster to support your on-prem Kubernetes environment on X-Series.
Better yet, Cisco has released a CVD for this. What is a CVD? A Cisco Validated Design is a tested and documented approach to help you design, deploy, and extend new technologies successfully. These guides document server, storage, and network configurations and offer best practices for successful deployments. To make it even easier, all the configuration files have been posted to GitHub.
Come back next week to read about Oracle.
- CVD – Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with OpenShift Data Foundation on Cisco UCS X-Series
- All UCS and HyperFlex CVDs
- Cisco UCS X-Series
- All Cisco UCS X-Series resources
- Red Hat & Cisco Partnership
- Cisco Intersight
- Request a 1:1 Cisco Intersight demo
- X-Series video blog # 1 – Server deployment done right – Cisco UCS X-Series with Intersight
- X-Series video blog # 2 – VDI to GPU Accelerated VDI – Cisco UCS X-Series with X-Fabric Technology
- X-Series video blog # 3 – Automation with UCS X-Series leveraging Cisco Intersight and Ansible
- All X-Series blogs
CONNECT WITH CISCO