As the year comes to a close, I wanted to revisit the economics of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS).
Cisco UCS has fantastic technology. Technology that technical decision makers are demanding. But what about business decision makers? The question for them is how will UCS save them money?
I set out to answer that question a little over a year ago. This is the third time I’ve blogged about the subject. I started with 123 unique customer case studies and 166 data points. This was where the customer explicitly stated their results. Now, there are 146 case studies with over 200 data points demonstrating real world results. These results are global representing 28 different countries. While the percentages have changed slightly, they have remained remarkably consistent.
- 77% reduction of ongoing administrative/management costs based on 29 customers.
- 53% reduction in power & cooling based on 53 customers.
- 77% reduction in cabling with an average cost savings of 71% based on 25 & 7 customers respectively.
- 41% reduction in other operations costs based on 13 customers.
- 87% reduction in provisioning times based on 78 customers.
I will continue to update the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS): Changing the Economics of the Datacenter presentation from time to time, but this will be the last blog post.
Would you like to learn more about how Cisco UCS can help you? There are over 300 Unified Computing case studies on Cisco.com. Use the Cisco UCS TCO/ROI tool to compare your existing environment to a UCS Solution. For a more in-depth TCO/ROI analysis, contact your Cisco partner or account team.