Cisco’s commitment to sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) starts at the top, with our CEO Chuck Robbins saying in the most recent CSR report, “I truly believe that what is good for the world and good for business are more closely connected than ever before.”
Through our collective efforts, we’re not only speeding the pace of social change around the world, but creating a better world for future generations to thrive. From the innovative technologies and solutions that we develop to our various CSR-related initiatives, we are making a positive difference in the world, economically, socially and environmentally.
As we begin this New Year, here are highlights of Cisco’s top accomplishments related to sustainability—a result of our coordinated efforts in 2015. We also want to extend a big thank you to all of our employees, partners and teams throughout the world. Each of you has helped to make these initiatives a reality.
- Released Cisco’s 11th annual CSR report.
- Earned a perfect score and A performance ranking for CDP’s investor climate change questionnaire
- Won various CSR awards including the Association of Energy Engineers’ International Award for Corporate Energy Management.
- Developed a renewable energy strategy, allowing us to get 97% of our electricity from renewable energy sources in the U.S..
- Installed nearly 3 MW of solar at various Cisco campuses and signed a 20 MW solar energy contract for our San Jose campus.
- Set up an employee solar discount program available to all Cisco employees, family and friends
- Installed 189 electric vehicle charging stations globally for use by our employees, contractors and guests.
- Implemented hundreds of energy efficiency projects through our EnergyOps program like installing more efficient LED lighting systems and upgrading HVAC systems.
- Saved almost US$1M in energy costs over the annual shutdown just by turning office and lab equipment over the December holidays.
- Received 11,718 tonnes of Cisco products from our customers and reused over US$365 million in returned equipment through our Product Takeback and Recycling Program.
- Established our first ever, long-term Scope 3 supply chain emissions reduction roadmap through our Supply Chain Sustainability Program.
- Eliminated 100,881 tonnes of CO2 emissions and saved millions in costs by shifting from air to ocean transportation modes for many of our products.
- Recovered $251,000 in excessive recruitment fees and verified their reimbursement to migratory factory workers in Malaysia at one of our supplier locations/
- Increased the number of our suppliers’ smelters that are certified by the Conflict-Free Smelter Program (CFSP) by 50%.
Learn more about these initiatives and many others at csr.cisco.com
CONNECT WITH CISCO