Join Our #CiscoChat at Cisco Live US 2016: There’s Never Been a Better Time to Change the World
The latest event from Cisco Live is a little different from our usual #CiscoChat series. Instead of an hour-long discussion on Twitter, this one will use Periscope, Twitter’s live-streaming video application. And instead of just one event, we’re having two, of around 10-15 minutes each, covering several different topics on the subject of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Monday, July 11 at 4pm PT
Our first #CiscoChat will focus on accelerating Global Problem Solvers. You’ll get an inside look at the Global Problem Solvers Interactive Wall, a 10’x6’ touchscreen wall in the World of Solutions (Booth #3421) that shows how technology is changing lives around the world for the better every day. It features engaging stories of social impact from our nonprofit partners and inspiring anecdotes from Cisco Networking Academy students and instructors.
Then, we’ll show viewers how Cisco has partnered with Stop Hunger Now and Clean the World at Cisco Live to assemble meal kits and hygiene kits for people who lack the basic necessities of life. And find out how you can get involved while at Cisco Live as well, to fight hunger and poverty all over the globe!
Tuesday, July 12 at 4pm PT
For our second #CiscoChat of Cisco Live, you’ll get a virtual of tour of the Cisco Tactical Operations (TacOps) Network Emergency Response Vehicle (NERV). See how the TacOps team can be deployed anywhere in the world to provide secure and reliable satellite-based IP communications for first responders, government agencies, and relief organizations, helping them coordinate their efforts in providing relief in times of crisis.
Both chats will be moderated by Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility channel on Twitter and Periscope (@CiscoCSR), with special guest Katherine Toch, Senior Marketing Leader for Cisco CSR.
To participate in these events:
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account.
- Follow the @CiscoCSR channel. They’ll post the Periscope link when they go live on Monday and Tuesday, so that you can see the live stream.
- These events will be using three different hashtags: #CiscoChat, #GlobalProblemSolvers, and #CLUS. Search for these hashtags to see what people are saying, and tag your own tweets with one or more of them to add to the discussion, so that others can find your contributions.
- For @ replies to a specific participant in the discussion, please use a “.” at the beginning of the tweet, so that your question or comment will appear in your public twitter feed.
- If you need multiple tweets to answer a question, please preface each tweet with “1A, 2A,” etc. in order to make it easier for others to follow along with the conversation.
This Cisco Live event promises to be interesting and educational, as well as a lot of fun. Don’t forget to bring your own questions to the discussion! See you there!