Cloud Unfiltered Podcast, Episode 38: Dan Kohn Explains What CNCF is Up To
What do you know about CNCF?
You probably hear people in the industry mention the acronym fairly often—generally in connection with Kubernetes—but do you know what it is, when it started, or why it exists?
I didn’t, and I suspect that at least some of you don’t either, so this week I invited Dan Kohn to be on the show. Dan is the Executive Director of CNCF (sorry—that stands for Cloud Native Computing Foundation, for those of you wondering what I’m talking about), and as the leader of this rapidly growing non-profit foundation, he had all kinds of interesting tidbits to share. In addition to addressing the burning questions I brought up at the beginning of this post, he explained:
- How many projects are under CNCF, which are the hottest, and which is the newest
- How projects are chosen for CNCF
- What CNCF has to offer that 24,000 people from 52 countries have already signed up for
- How you can become a Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Why you should absolutely attend the next KubeCon
- What their Serverless Working Group is up to
- What you will find if you visit l.cncf.io and s.cncf.io
See the video podcast on our YouTube page, or listen to the audio version on SoundCloud. And if you like what you hear, we invite you to subscribe to our channel so you don’t miss any of the other exciting podcasts we have scheduled over the next several months.Tags: