Top 7 Facts to Know about Cisco HD Experience Technology
Last week, we announced at Interop-NY our newest Indoor Access Point, the Aironet 3700 Series. This access Point includes an integrated 802.11ac radio and is the first and only access point to support a 4×4 MIMO on 802.11ac. This latest Wi-Fi Standard will provide wireless networks better performance and coverage, and address the demand for client access including 802.11ac enabled clients. Whether you are in Higher Education, K-12, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail or other verticals, we are seeing our customers across industries face the same challenges: more users coming onto the network, more users bringing more devices, more devices that are only wireless connectivity (no Ethernet port), more security, OS and application updates on each of those devices. All this drives the larger problem of high density.
Enter the Cisco HD Experience Technology. Available on the new Aironet 3700 Series Access Points, the Cisco High Density Experience or “HD Experience” Technology is a suite of solutions serving up a feature set designed specifically to alleviate the introduction of more clients, bandwidth hungry applications and high density network strain in order to provide an unparalleled user experience.
Here are the top 7 facts to know about Cisco HD Experience Technology:
1. HD Experience Technology is a suite of solutions only available on the AP3700 that helps OPTIMIZE performance, mitigation, scalability and roaming for High Client Density networks
2. HD Experience is a hardware-based solution on a WiFi chipset designed BY and FOR CISCO. This is *not* software features based on merchant silicon WiFi chipset. HD Experience includes…
3. CleanAir 80 MHz, where Cisco fundamentally retooled the award-winning CleanAir technology to provide the same level of granularity and accuracy of RF interference detection and mitigation across 802.11ac’s 80 MHz bandwidth…but it also detects and mitigates for 802.11a/b/g/n clients as well.
4.ClientLink 3.0, as part of AP 3700’s HD Experience, can perform Cisco’s patented beam forming technology to 802.11ac clients, as well as 802.11 a/g/n clients. In fact, ClientLink 3.0 complements standards-based Explicit Beamforming which more and more 11ac clients will actively participate. So ClientLink 3.0 provides additive benefits to help increase throughput across a greater range—more clients, higher performance.
5. Turbo Performance with HD Experience Technology allows the AP3700 to scale to 60+ clients with each client running media rich video or interactive traffic, WITHOUT any performance degradation seen as it scales. This is especially important in high client density networks. Competitors fall short at 10 or 20 clients.
6. Optimized Roaming as part of HD Experience Technology allows clients to roam more intelligently and cleanly between AP’s as well as between unlicensed and licensed cells. You can create more unique, deployment-specific profiles for Tx power, Rx sensitivity to define a more intelligent WiFi cell to enhance client roaming.
7. RF Noise Reduction will be introduced in the future but this will fall under HD Experience Technology. This allows the AP to be more efficient on how it uses the RF spectrum and possibly recycle channels. For example, in extreme High Client density networks, you could also put in higher AP density as well to meet a certain SLA. With RF Noise Reduction, adjacent AP’s could use the same channels, for example.
With the addition of the HD Experience Technology on the Aironet 3700 Series, we have introduced a compelling suite of solutions that will immediately benefit high client density networks.
For more on Cisco HD Experience and the Cisco AP 3700, please visit www.cisco.com/go/ap3700.Tags: