Coming off a busy week at Interop Las Vegas, we have recorded another info-packed podcast with the popular wireless networking podcast group “No Strings Attached Show”. The topic for this podcast covers the gigabit wireless technology, 802.11ac which if you attended Interop, you know this is a very hot topic (“I’ll take enormous understatements for $600, Alex”).
However, it is not just a discussion on what is included in the standard. Blake Krone and Sam Clements from No Strings Attached interview our Mark Denny and Brian Hart as they discuss a number of topics related to 802.11ac technology including the following:
- The 802.11ac Wave 1 Radio Module for the 3600 Access Point, the availability and best practices for upgrading the 3600 AP with the 802.11ac Module
- Segments of the enterprise market where 802.11ac technology is generating the most interest
- Examples of how certain networks are taking advantage of the higher throughput, density and coverage benefits provided by 802.11ac.
- 802.11ac clients adoption and the expectation of performance
- 802.11ac Wave 2, Channel Width & MU-MIMO (which we blogged about last week)
You can get the podcast here: http://nostringsattachedshow.com/2013/05/08/e24-riding-the-802-11ac-waves/
Stay tuned for future podcasts!
Any other Cisco wireless technologies you want to learn more about? Let us know on our community
Tags: #80211ac, 3600 access point, 802.11, 802.11ac, CCIE, CCNA, Cisco, discussion, information, interop, Interop Las Vegas, learn, network, networking, no strings attached, podcast, popular, radio module, technology, WAN, wi-fi, wifi, wireless, wlan