Virtualization on the plant floor
“While IT networks already use virtualization extensively, its benefits are moving into industrial networks. Five diverse viewpoints on its advantages and implementation are offered.”
Great article in the recent Control Engineering magazine on the the topic of virtualization for manufacturing environments. Control Engineering states it is a major discussion, so they are approaching it from a variety of viewpoints. “Below are the stories written from industry professionals and their viewpoints on virtualization.”
The article can be linked to at Control Engineering by clicking on the following links…
- Getting more from less, Joel Conover, Cisco
- Virtualization lifecycle considerations, Paul Hodge, Honeywell Process Solutions
- Breaking chains to improve delivery, Grant LaSueur, Invensys Operations Management
- Building reusable engineering, Anthony Baker, Rockwell Automation
- Preparing your power distribution system, Jim Tessler, Eaton
- Virtualization represents a huge advance in industrial network design and implementation.
- This technology is well proven in IT applications and is moving into manufacturing.
- A thorough understanding of the technology and appropriate planning are key to effective implementation.
Let me, Peter Granger, have comments. Thanks!