Fall has arrived, which means the 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo in Denver, Colorado is just around the corner. This year’s program is packed full of some great learning opportunities and we are pleased to have so many Cisco folks involved this year – presenting, leading workshops and moderating panel discussions. Some high points in this year’s program include Cisco Fellow and Cable CTO John Chapman’s Remote PHY seminar, a Virtualization-Stacks and Schedulers workshop with Cisco Distinguished Engineer Alon Bernstein, and two in depth Full-Duplex DOCSIS workshops with Cisco’s own Dr. Hang Jin, Dr. Tong Liu, Sangeeta Ramakrishnan, and John Holobinko.
With four days of access to industry-leading knowledge sharing, the 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo is a must attend event! If you haven’t already made plans, registration is still open. To find out more, visit the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo website.
See Cisco Technology and Solutions at Booth #987
At the 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo, we’re showcasing the latest Cisco technology and solutions through a series of demonstrations that encapsulate our long-term vision for the cable industry. Make sure you stop by and see us at booth #987, we think you’ll find a visit to see our step-by-step evolution path across infrastructure, virtualization, management and automation well worth your time.
For these technology areas we will show you how:
- Next-generation converged cable access platforms (CCAP), DOCSIS 3.1, and Remote PHY can be used to deliver Gigabit service tiers and drive down operating costs
- Virtualized, Cloud Native cable modem termination systems (CMTS) and other functions can enable you to elastically scale and reposition resources to meet changing demand
- Management and automation tools can be used to monitor network health proactively and automate end-to-end provisioning
- Revolutionary cable technologies of the future, including full duplex DOCSIS 3.1 and Mobile backhaul enablement and can be integrated into your business.
The theme for this year’s event is “Transforming Experiences,” and we’ll show you how Cisco’s leadership and vision in cable access technologies can help you to drive down network complexity and operating costs, unlock profitable growth by delivering a broader mix of services, and, bring innovative, differentiated new experiences to your customers faster.
We have a great lineup of demos this year, be sure to stop by and see:
- RPHY Node – See the new GS7000 RPHY Optical Node (iNode) Platform in action. Part of the Cisco Infinite Broadband solution, the iNode can help you to reduce TCO, as well as simplify operations and deployments.
- OpenRPD – Using RPHY, we’ll show you our OpenRPD interoperability with multiple RPD vendors at the SCTE.
- RPHY Compact Shelf – See how the industry’s first standards based RPHY Compact Shelf provides CCAP and DOCSIS 3.1 capabilities in small hubs enabling hub site consolidation and reducing TCO.
- SP Automation – Using our recently launched Smart PHY Automation application, we’ll demonstrate the automated provisioning of an RPD and the cBR8. The Smart PHY Automation application allows you to significantly reduce the operational expenses and complexities of a RPHY deployment, including reducing technical field staff training to support RPHY and improving the time to service enablement for RPHY.
- DOCSIS FDX – An industry first, we’ll have a live demonstration of Full Duplex DOCSIS 3.1 using RPHY. Using a working HFC network, we’ll demonstrate new capabilities that make FDX DOCSIS 3.1 function in a network with multiple cable modems, including demonstrating backwards compatibility with DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems.
- Cloud CMTS – See the industry’s first demonstration of a Cloud Native CMTS. Merging the latest NFV developments with DOCSIS, we’ll show a virtualized DOCSIS control and data plane using RPHY to enable a scalable, elastic and distributed CMTS software architecture.
- Video Aware Network – Learn how to build video capabilities into the network using programmable networking and network function virtualization to make the IP network more video aware and make video more network aware.
- IVP & Analytics – See our Infinite Video Platform and Analytics demonstration and learn how Cisco can help you deliver a best in class video experience, while leveraging data and business insights to identify new opportunities.
- Optical Solutions for MSO/Cable – We’ll show you how Cisco’s optical networking solutions can simplify operating and maintaining Cable/MSO networks. At the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, we’ll demonstrate how to maximize existing DWDM systems with the Cisco NCS 2000; how to cost-effectively migrate aging TDM based platforms to IP based transport using High Density Circuit Emulation with the Cisco NCS 4200; and how transport networks can be automated and optimized using Cisco NCS 1000.
- Transforming Cable to 5G – We’ll show you how you can transform your cable business to support 5G by using your existing DOCSIS Infrastructure to densify mobile access with small cells and Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS).
Meet with Cisco Executives and Subject Matter Experts
The 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo is a great time to meet with Cisco executives and subject matter experts. Our team will be available to meet with you to discuss your current challenges and opportunities. To request a meeting, contact your Cisco account manager.
Cisco Speaking Sessions at the 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo
Visit the Cable-Tec Expo program page to find out more about the four-day in-depth learning opportunities and details on the different workshops and seminars featuring Cisco technology experts.
We look forward to seeing you the 2017 SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo in Denver, Colorado. Have questions and comments, Tweet us @CiscoSP360.
CONNECT WITH CISCO