Light Reading OSS in the Era of SDN and NFV panel discussion on Service Orchestration
On November 5th Cisco participated at Light Reading’s OSS in the Era of SDN and NFV: Evolution vs. Revolution. Heavy Reading Senior Analyst, Caroline Chappell, organized this one-day event. In my mind, Caroline is our industry’s analyst’s analyst. She is always willing to dig down into the hard technical details so she can explain the importance of the technology in ways that the rest of us (including marketing) can understand.
Last year this was such a great event that I wanted to videotape the entire panel discussion on, “Service Orchestration and new speed of Service Delivery”. For those of you who would like to understand some of the key discussion points going on in the industry right now, I highly recommend watching the entire 45 minute discussion. Click here to view the discussion.
- Klaus Martiny, NOC Vice-Chair & leader, Network Management & Orchestration, NGMN 5G Project
- Rolf Eberhardt, Principal, HP Communications & Media Solutions
- JH Tang, Global Marketing Director, OSS, Huawei
- Daniel Tyrode, Strategic Product Manager, CTO Office, Comptel
- Stefan Vallin, Product Strategy, Tail-f Systems – a Cisco company
- Is service orchestration just a new term for an old concept?
- Can’t you use existing OSS to carry out service orchestration?
- Should service models be based on a common information model?
- Is open source service orchestration desirable/achievable?
Light Reading also found this panel discussion very interesting and covered the discussion in their article titled, “Can Telecom Unite on Information Models for NFV. Click here for more information on the article.Tags: