The word is spreading. In our Cisco Optics blogs and the Cisco Optics Podcast, we discuss optics as they are related to network technology and operations. Now that discussion is reaching beyond Cisco media platforms.
She asked me the following questions:
- What are pluggable optics and why are they increasingly important to building your networks for future Internet connectivity? Why are they pluggable? Why not just build them into the host?
- What should network engineers and network managers keep in mind when designing and expanding their networks?
- Why are 100G and 400G more complex?
- You mentioned the importance of testing and qualifying optics. What does that involve?
- What should network operators consider when choosing optics vendors?
To hear the answers, listen to the interview posted as part of their podcast: