Come Join Us at Cisco Packet Optical Networking Conference 2013
This year we’re moving our Packet Optical Conference 2013 to San Jose and it promises to be an exciting three days (May 14-16) full of demonstrations and sneak peeks at new platforms and technology. We’ve also got a number of industry speakers including Krish Prabhu, CEO of AT&T Labs and Bikash Koley, Principal Architect at Google, in addition to key Cisco leaders and technology visionaries. The event will also feature two customer panels featuring representatives from Comcast, Microsoft, Verizon, FTP Vietnam, and others.
The agenda includes such topics as:
- Convergence – Vision: Learn more about Cisco vision of IP and optical convergence, and how the investment areas of advanced silicon, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) photonics, programmable dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM), and multi-layer intelligence combine to allow carriers, enterprises, and public sector organizations to effectively respond to dynamic and unpredictable traffic demands via a simplified and elastic network architecture.
- DWDM: Learn how the industry-leading Cisco 100G DWDM solution continues to evolve, with IP-over-DWDM integration and increased density via CMOS photonics.
- Convergence – Core: Gain an understanding of how data plane, control plane, and management convergence point the way to device convergence, where DWDM, Optical Transport Network (OTN), and Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) technologies are optimally combined along with next-generation silicon and optics to redefine the economics and flexibility of core networks.
- Convergence – Edge: Learn how the Cisco Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) System is kick-starting the transition from TDM to packet-based transport at the network edge.
- Control Plane: Cisco nLight™ control plane technology promises to increase network availability while reducing CapEx and OpEx by intelligently sharing information between the IP and optical layers.
For more information or to register, click here. We’d love to see you there!