Today we’re taking a look at the key findings (tips) from our on-demand webinar centered on five areas of time-tested best practices. Besides the advanced tools offered by Cisco and others, we’re discussing the factors that will help you yield actionable insights and guide you toward the outcomes you want in supporting your hybrid workforce.
The SOC’s superpowers in security resilience
So how can the Security Operation Center (SOC) be most successful in the ever-changing threat landscape we face today?
Arguably there are three key characteristics (superpowers really) that the best SOC’s have:
- High level of security maturity – specifically your team of security analysts and their expertise and skills,
- Use of advanced security tools – with an open, integrated, unified platform supporting key capabilities such as generative AI, automation, playbooks, XDR, and EDR, and,
- Adoption of best practices – having them, utilizing them, and ensuring key stakeholders are bought into them.
Let’s talk a bit on the second superpower above as well as the third superpower that we discuss in the webinar …
Best practices complement your security staff and the tools they use
Supporting hybrid workers with an advanced security solution and open platform such as with Cisco Security Cloud improves visibility and threat protection with actionable insights across networks, clouds, endpoints, and applications. This help SecOps teams hunt, investigate and remediate threats faster and more accurately. And as noted above, Cisco Security Cloud accomplishes that with delivering key capabilities such as Cisco XDR.
But the reality is that running a SOC or any security group, large or small, still takes a lot of work by a dedicated security team. Enter the third superpower. The security teams of top organizations not only rely on advanced security tools but utilize a set of best practices to provide clarity of roles, efficiency of operations, and for the more prepared, have tested these best practices to prove to themselves that they are prepared for what’s next.
From our on-demand webinar, you can expect to hear our 5 best practices recommendations on the following topics:
- Knowing your roles and responsibilities without hesitation
- “The Plan,” including documenting it, sharing it, and testing it with your stakeholders
- Finding out what you don’t know and what’s required to minimize current and future threats
- Learning from the past to be better prepared for what’s next to deal with the unpredictable threats that lie ahead
- Why you don’t want to go it alone
Access this On-Demand Webinar now!
We provide practical advice from the Cisco technical marketing team and our award-winning Talos Threat Intelligence group. This is the same group who have created and are maintaining breach defense in partnership with Fortune 500 SOCs around the globe.
Check out our webinar to find out how you can become more security resilient and be better prepared for what’s next.
We’d love to hear what you think. Ask a Question, Comment Below, and Stay Connected with Cisco Secure on social!
Cisco Secure Social Channels