#CiscoChampion Radio, S4|Ep.20: The Network Intuitive
#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by technologists for technologists. In this episode we’re talking to Peter Jones (father of the 3850 platform UADP Doppler chip and now UADP 2.0) about The Network Intuitive.
Get the Podcast
- Listen to this episode
- Download this episode (right-click on the episode’s download button)
- View this episode in iTunes
- Peter Jones (@petergjones), Principal Engineer
Cisco Champion Hosts
- Justin Cohen (@cantechit), Solution Architect
Podcast Discussion Topics
- The beginnings of 3850 (launch Jan 2013) and the journey from 3850 to 3650 and 3650 mini.
- Why the focus has been on building a platform a la Lego and how customer feedback fed into the evolution of the line.
- Differences between the UADP 1.0 to 1.1 to UADP 2.0 chips.
- The importance of visibility to capture issues and analytics and the impact on product development of the chip.
- New launches: 9300 (stackable access box); 9400 (4500 next gen); and 9500.
- Defining Programmability: hardware that can evolve.
- Why the investment on simplifying is important.
- Design constraints during the development of UADP. 2.0.
- Design goals for the development of UADP. 2.0.
- Why they invested in flexibility.
Listen in and provide us feedback, we would love to hear from you!
- Cisco Live 365, Peter Jones session Cisco Live 365, Peter Jones session BRKARC-3467 – Cisco Enterprise Silicon – Delivering Innovation for Advanced Routing and Switching (2017 Las Vegas)
- TechWiseTV: Programmable ASICs: Flexibility at Wire Speed