In a time where networks are growing exponentially thanks to scores of new wireless devices connecting every day, it can feel as if keeping your network up and running is like shoveling sand against the tide with a tea spoon. You can put down that tea spoon, because Cisco has given you a bulldozer.
Presenting the Cisco Aironet 4800 Access Point.
The Cisco Aironet 4800 Access Point is the richest featured 802.11ac Wave 2 AP and provides Intelligent Capture, high-speed connectivity and innovative security that strengthens your network. The Aironet 4800 makes trouble-shooting simpler and enhances context shown in DNA Center Assurance.
The built-in Intelligent Capture provides enhanced issue detection and root cause analysis, on-demand, real-time troubleshooting and in-service AP monitoring with packet capture. What that means is Intelligent Capture will probe your network, provide DNA Center Assurance with deep data analysis and it’s easier for you to fix the problem—that is unless the network hasn’t done it, itself.
Whenever you get a call about a problem, the person reporting the call almost always assumes that it’s a network issue and we both know that’s often not the case. The data garnered from Intelligent Capture can prove that it’s not a networking issue by showing you exactly where the issue is coming from. That way you can go and find that needle in that haystack in record time. And with client monitoring, Intelligent Capture monitors more than 240 of the most common onboarding anomalies and can automatically remediate certain issues.
The on-demand Wi-Fi App analytics makes use of the third radio on the Aironet 4800 access point which allows for instant insights. A Spectrum Analyzer, also offered through Intelligent Capture, is now available to customers without a third-party license.
It’s not just the Intelligent Capture that makes the Aironet 4800 an amazing cutting-edge access point. The 4800 has all of the terrific Aironet features such as Flexible Radio Assignment, high accuracy embedded Hyperlocation and Bluetooth Low Energy provided over four dedicated radios. With these features running on the radios embedded in the 4800 AP, your network allows for higher security and data analysis without degrading performance.
Here’s a closer look at the access point’s features:
- You’ve been asking for it and we’ve heard you, finally a follow-on to our popular Hyperlocation module. Except that instead of a separate module that plugs into your access point, we’ve dedicated an integrated radio for embedded Hyperlocation. This provides more granular data, by enabling device monitoring and tracking to within three meters—the best in the industry. Hyperlocation can help your employees and guests find their way through your building with the App-enabled “Indoor Wayfinding and Navigation” features. There is also a separate radio for Bluetooth Low Energy, which uses proximity technology to enhance location services for mobile devices.
- One of the more interesting and popular features of the Cisco Aironet 2800 and 3800 Access Points is Flexible Radio Assignment. We made sure that we equipped the 4800 AP with this feature too as it allows the access points to intelligently determine the operating mode of serving radios based on the RF environment. The access points can operate in the following modes:
- 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz mode: One radio serves clients in 2.4-GHz mode, while the other serves clients in 5-GHz mode.
- Dual 5-GHz mode: Both radios inside the access point operate on the 5-GHz band, maximizing the benefits of 802.11ac Wave 2 and increasing client device capacity.
- DNA Assurance Network Sensor: Provides pro-active network monitoring, detecting network issues before your user does
- When it comes to security, you can bet that the Cisco Aironet 4800 Access Point has been designed to stop any rogue agents trying to gain access to your network. And with one radio dedicated to security 24/7, the 4800 is constantly monitoring the network will locate the small problems that can mushroom into catastrophes.
This best-in-class, high density access point will redefine analytics and location, but more than that, this AP allows you to take your hands off the wheel for a moment and catch your breath.
To learn more about the Cisco Aironet 4800 Access Point, click here.