Achieving End-to-End Visibility in the Era of IoT
No one can say that manufacturers aren’t innovating. In fact, manufacturers have made great process improvements over the last several decades (such as Six Sigma and lean manufacturing).
In today’s world, the digital manufacturing revolution is changing everything. However, on factory floors across the country, there is still a considerable amount of unconnected devices and data silos. As a manufacturer, you could harness that untapped potential to drive even more efficiency and productivity. But, in the current state, those silos and unconnected devices quickly become operational bottlenecks.
Adapting to this new world of “always on” data means embracing the possibilities wisely. The goal is to collect and leverage all relevant data, without introducing new risks to your company. In this episode we will talk about how you can strategically tap into that data allowing you to:
- Gain full visibility into the performance and working conditions of machinery and assets, which:
- Improves overall equipment effectiveness(OEE)
- Reduces downtime
- Drives faster new product introduction(NPI)
- Improves inventory turns
- Increase coordination of maintenance schedules. This helps avoid unplanned downtime and optimizes plant cells through predictive maintenance.
- Get insights into energy usage, then optimize workflows and operations to reduce costs.
Find this episode now on Apple Podcasts and Spotify
Research & Insights
Check out the featured resources mentioned in this episode:
- Embracing Industry 4.0 and Rediscovering Growth
- Look ahead: What Industry 4.0 trends can we expect in 2020?
- 5 Industrial Connectivity Trends Driving the IT OT Convergence
- Cisco Manufacturing Portfolio Explorer
- Industry 4.0: How Cisco is enabling the future of Manufacturing
- Bottled Better: Coca-Cola’s Connected Factory Approach
- Visit our website to see all available episodes
Got a question? Have and idea for a good episode?
Submit your question in the comments section at the bottom of this blog. All questions will be answered in detail within 2 business days.
What would you like to see covered on the show? Leave your episode suggestions in the comments section below. We will review your suggestion and bring in the best experts to discuss your topic of choice!