Free training. Live webinars. Brand-new tutorials. A tech learning experience, unlike anything you’ve seen. Updated Cisco Security certification blueprints. All-new Cisco Multicloud Specialist Certifications. Sure, I’m probably biased (since I’m part of the marketing team behind the scenes), but you’ll be hard-pressed to find tech learning offers more exciting than those from Cisco Learning & Certifications—especially during Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
This year’s Cybersecurity Awareness Month has been our busiest one yet, with more offers and more opportunities than ever before. If you haven’t had the chance to indulge just yet, there is still time to refresh your knowledge and build new skills to combat the ever-increasing threat of cyber attacks. Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know to rev up for the last lap of Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Now, get on track and finish the month strong.
Let’s do this!
Enter to win a free Cisco training and certification exam voucher bundle —OR— Cisco U. Essentials subscription (1-year)
Enter the Cisco CyberOps and Security Training Giveaway by November 15, 2023. If you have been a member of the #CiscoCert community for a while now, then you might recognize this classic. However, this year’s giveaway arrives with a new prize option. Now until November 15, 2023, you can enter the drawing for your chance to win the prize of your choice (one of the following four options).
All you need to do is complete the form on this page and confirm your submission via email, and you could be one of the five lucky winners revealed on November 16, 2023.
CyberOps and Security Training Giveaway
Once you enter the giveaway, you will receive an email to confirm your entry. If your giveaway submission is not confirmed, you will NOT be entered into the drawing.
Prep for the CyberOps Associate certification and earn 30 Continuing Education (CE) credits for free
If you are actively Cisco Certified and you don’t know about our Rev Up to Recert program, you are truly missing out. Rev Up to Recert is a free way that you can learn and earn CE credits towards recertifying your Cisco certifications. Rev Up to Recert is dynamic, which means we update the program with specific (free) learning activities based on the tech skills in top demand. In the spirit of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, coupled with the global shortage of IT security expertise, we decided to open up a new chapter: Rev Up to Recert: CyberOps Associate.
Prep for CyberOps Associate certification and earn 30 CE credits—
—free during Rev Up to Recert: CyberOps Associate.
Available until November 17, 2023. Get started now.
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to sign up for a Cisco U. account. Cisco U. is a hyperfocused, personalized learning experience with courses, community, and content for certifications, skills, and job roles. Stop by our Cisco U. Training Playlist on YouTube for short videos designed to help you get familiar, get up to speed, and get to the good stuff: the learning.
About the Rev Up to Recert: CyberOps Associate program
Now until November 17, 2023, everyone gets free access to the CyberOps Associate Learning Path in Cisco U. — regardless of whether you are actively Cisco Certified (you just won’t earn CE credits because, well, you won’t have a Cisco certification to apply them to).
4 big reasons why Rev Up to Recert: CyberOps Associate is extra special:
- You learn real-world skills for one of the most critical hiring areas worldwide. The CyberOps Associate Learning Path prepares you for the front line of defense in a Security Operations Center (SOC). You’ll learn security concepts, common network and application operations and attacks, and the types of data needed to investigate security incidents.
- You can earn 30 CE credits for free—which means you also recertify your Associate-level certifications (for free). If you currently have the CCNA, DevNet Associate, or CyberOps Associate certification, you will be able to fulfill your recertification requirement.
- You will be ready to earn the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification. The CyberOps Associate Learning Path is designed to guide you all the way through to CyberOps Associate certification. By the end of the Learning Path, you will have completed the knowledge checkpoints you need prior to taking the CyberOps Associate certification exam. Now, whether you’re actually ready or not, well, that’s up to you. Luckily, the Learning Path includes a post-skills assessment to help you determine if you’re exam-ready.
- 25% off your CyberOps Associate exam. If you finish the Learning Path by November 17, 2023, you will be eligible to receive a 25% discount on your CyberOps Associate (200-201 CBROPS) Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals exam! That’s the only thing that stands between you and CyberOps Associate certification. (That means you need to keep an eye on your inbox!)
Earning CE credits for free: What you need to know
Make sure you are eligible to earn the 30 CE credits for free. Before you submit your claim for approval, you must:
- be actively Cisco Certified.
- have completed the CyberOps Associate Learning Path by November 17, 2023.
- score 80% or above on your skills assessment taken at the end of the Learning Path.
- submit your claim to the CE Portal before November 30, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
If you don’t finish the Learning Path by November 17, 2023, you can still finish it and earn 30 CE credits. But here’s the catch: going that route will require a Cisco U. Essentials or Cisco U. All Access subscription.
Rev Up to Recert Community
One of the easiest ways to keep up with the latest Rev Up to Recert program updates is by following the Rev Up to Recert Community on the Cisco Learning Network. If you have questions about the program, need advice from others, or just want to share how much you love ‘revving up’ for free, that’s the place to be.
Find your people, learn together, win together. Jump straight to the Rev Up to Recert – CyberOps Associate discussion here.
Why you need to take cybersecurity action—all year long
Everything we do—from our connections to our clicks, must consider security first. But if the network is not secure, we have no chance. If tools and technologies are not rigorously tested for vulnerabilities throughout lifecycles, we have no chance. And if network professionals are behind on the best practices and skills to defend, protect, and prevent cyber threats, we really have no chance.
In the last decade, cybersecurity job openings have grown by 350%. As of 2023, 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs worldwide remain vacant. — Cybersecurity Ventures
As an IT professional, you have a significant role to play in ensuring that the networks that keep us connected are secure. No matter where your tech career is headed, cybersecurity knowledge is essential to get there. Take advantage of these exclusive, limited-time offers all month long and take cybersecurity action. Whether you’re actively Cisco Certified or preparing for your first SOC role, these offers will help you build new skills and knowledge to combat the ever-increasing threat of cyber attacks. Remember, security is everyone’s responsibility, and together we can make the digital world a safer place. Take cybersecurity action and protect our organizations now—and into the future— by building and maintaining your cybersecurity skills.
Cyber threats are constantly evolving.
Stay ahead of the curve, and you can become your organization’s greatest security asset.
Read next: “New Cybersecurity and Cloud Skills to Protect Companies from Cybersecurity Attacks of the Future” by Par Merat, VP of Learning & Certifications. Read now.
Follow Cisco Learning & Certifications
Use #CiscoU and #CiscoCert to join the conversation.