Have you ever been to a Cisco Live event? It is one of my most favorite event, because you get the best of the best what Cisco and our partners have to offer: high quality content featuring latest software and hardware technologies, listening and meeting key players in the organization and well-known external guests, and our developer zone!
At Cisco Live there is an own zone for developers featuring sessions, self-guided learning labs, challenges and demos around APIs, programmability and coding. I love hanging out there talking to like-minded people who share the same passion about software. It’s also a way to solve your challenges via talking. Knowledge sharing and learning from others is helping me a lot to achieve my goals!
Getting curious? Let me show you my highlights for the upcoming Cisco Live and on which sessions you can find me!
Visit the Robot API Challenge
Are you familiar with REST APIs? If yes, then you could control our robot arm! At this Cisco Live event we will feature a brand-new challenge, the Robot API Challenge. In a certain time you need to move a ball (e.g. tennis ball) to its destination and win as much points as possible, but you can only use the REST API to do that. There will be also a small extra challenge and the winner with the most points will be awarded a prize. Protip: Arrive early! If you are not familiar with REST APIs, you can still take the challenge. My protip for you would be… first, take a look at our learning lab on the topic.
MLOps, Meraki IoT, and Django – check out my sessions at Cisco Live
I am currently focusing on machine learning and IoT which you can see from my sessions:
- Create your first Machine Learning Model – DEVWKS-1923. Learn to understand how machine learning works with creating your first machine learning model in this hands-on workshop.
Monday, Jun 13, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM PDT and Tuesday, Jun 14, 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM PDT
- Building a Web-Application with Django – DEVWKS-1924. You want to build a web-application and use Python? You should get to know Django then!
Wednesday, Jun 15, 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM PDT and Wednesday, Jun 15, 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM PDT
- Getting Started with MLOps & Kubeflow – DEVNET-1623. MLOps is getting more and more important because of the use of machine learning within applications. Get to know what it is and how you can start!
Monday, Jun 13, 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM PDT
- Integrating Meraki MV Cameras and MT Sensors – BRKDEV-1690. Meraki IP cameras and sensors are collecting valuable data. Find out how you can integrate this information into your applications.
Monday, Jun 13, 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM PDT
- Intro to Coding – DEVWKS-1275.b Get to know Python! I love these kinds of sessions, because I can showcase the power of programming.
Monday, Jun 27, 12:00 AM – 12:45 AM PDT
What are you waiting for?
If I got you interested, visit the Cisco Live Sessions catalogue and click on attend by entering just the session number from my session in the search filters. If you are attending and even not, follow me on Twitter to get the latest updates of the Robot API Challenge: https://twitter.com/flopachinger!
I hope to see you in Las Vegas!
Where can I register to attend these sessions virtually?
Register here to attend these sessions online! The Cisco Live broadcast will follow the sun to bring learning and experience to everyone.
Where can I find learning resources to help me get started?
- Try the learning track on understanding and using REST APIs.
- Learn how to manage and deploy IoT devices and edge applications
- Discover new types of applications that can be built with Cisco APIs.
Join our daily livestream from the DevNet Zone during Cisco Live!
Sign up for the DevNet Zone Cisco Live Email News and be the first to know about special sessions and surprises whether you are attending in person or will engage with us online.
We would love to hear what you think. Ask a question or leave a comment below.
And stay connected with Cisco DevNet on social!