As we approach the end of the year, many people take time off. Some people like to take advantage of those quiet times to invest in their self-education. That’s why the NSO team has been hard at work making sure you have at least one great present this holiday season. Our present to you is three new XML/XPATH for NSO learning labs!
Learn valuable industry skills
Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) is a multi-domain orchestration platform used to manage the configuration lifecycle of physical and virtual network devices. The platform uses XML and XPath to represent the data within the application’s Configuration Database (CDB). By learning XML and XPath, you will not only be learning valuable industry-relevant skills, but also able to use NSO much more effectively.
New learning labs teach you XML/XPath for NSO
Whether you are creating your first configuration template in NSO or hoping to craft an XPath expression to save you time in your development, these labs will provide an excellent learning path. The XML/XPath labs do reference the recently released Yang for NSO labs at certain points. Plus, having a working knowledge of data models, and how Yang works, will help you understand some of practical applications of XML that are used within NSO. So, I recommend doing the Yang labs first.
The new labs are as follows:
- XML/XPath for NSO – Beginners
- Discover the value of using structured data, and basic XML/XPath syntax while using NSO examples.
- XML/XPath for NSO – Intermediate
- Dig deeper into XPath and unlock additional value by learning XPath functions, operators, and other key features to use with XML in NSO.
- XML/XPath for NSO – Advanced
- Now that the basics are covered, apply XML and XPath to NSO service templates, Yang, and the NSO kicker feature.
End of Year Wrap-Up
If you are the type of person who likes to catch up on learning material during the holidays, don’t miss the other resources that we released this year for NSO:
- NSO Dev Center and Interactive Labs
- New Yang for NSO Learning Labs
- New NSO CI/CD Infrastructure as Code lab with Ansible
All of these labs and resources were designed to be used within the NSO Reservable Sandbox. Take it for a spin! You will have a full topology of IOS-XE, IOS-XR, ASA and Nexus devices to play with, in addition to a fully functioning NSO instance to test out your automation skills.
From the NSO team we wish you a happy holidays and a happy new year!
We’d love to hear what you think. Ask a question or leave a comment below.
And stay connected with Cisco DevNet on social!
Visit the new Developer Video Channel