What’s Up at Cisco Live Barcelona?
You know it…I know it…automation is happening in the data center. So…are you ready to feel the code? I am, and I’m really excited about the line-up of sessions and hands-on workshops coming the DevNet Zone this month at Cisco Live in Barcelona, Spain. So much cool stuff to learn for those of us lucky enough to be working on data center solutions:
- How to use ACI APIs to administer the network. Create, implement, and show network configurations.
- How to use Open NX-OS to build a rich software suite on a Linux foundation that exposes APIs, data models, and programmatic constructs. Using APIs and configuration agents, operators can affect configuration changes in a more programmatic way.
- How to use UCS Director to automate the IT processes that you design by providing a single point to automate & orchestrate your IT infrastructure.
- How to use UCS Management and UCS Programmable Infrastructure to provide a common interface for Unified and Hyper-Converged UCS deployments. Combine with UCS Director and Cloud Center APIs for complete programmatic access for infrastructure, devops, and application developers.
Check out the full line-up of DevNet Zone sessions and workshops, and register as soon as possible since the sessions are filling up.
DevNet Express for Data Center Infrastructure Programming kicks off Cisco Live week
My week in Barcelona will start on Saturday January 27th with Day 1 of the two day “DevNet Express for Data Center Infrastructure Programming.” Two full days for Data Center Infrastructure Engineers working with compute, network, and storage, as well as Architects, Software Systems Integrators, and Operations and Networking teams with an interest in infrastructure programmability, configuration, automation, and provisioning.
We’ll provide training on Python and REST APIs plus Ansible and PowerShell on day 1 to get you the fundamentals you need to understand and progress at the event. It’s free, and no Cisco Live Pass is needed. Plus I think you’ll get some food, some snacks and if you work hard enough there are prizes to be won (Earned really, complete a mission get a chance to win). You can register on the event site.
Hot ticket sessions you don’t want to miss
Then it is off to Cisco Live Barcelona (#CLEUR in Twitter-speak) where I’ll be in the DevNet Zone presenting three sessions and running six workshops all focusing on the most interesting thing there is… “Data Center Automation!” Yay! (insert imagined fireworks, clapping, horns, childlike squeals of delight, etc.)
Here’s my session schedule and links to register:
- TalkOps – Using Voice to Manage the Data Center [DEVNET-1364]
o Wednesday, Jan 31, 05:00 p.m. – 05:45 p.m.
- DevNet Workshop – UCS PowerTool Suite – Secrets, Tips and Tricks [DEVNET-2061]
o Wednesday, Jan 31, 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
o Thursday, Feb 01, 04:00 p.m. – 04:45 p.m.
- DevNet Workshop- Managing Cisco UCS with the Python SDK [DEVNET-2060]
o Tuesday, Jan 30, 03:00 p.m. – 03:45 p.m.
o Thursday, Feb 01, 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- DevNet Workshop- UCS Director Automation – Creating and Utilizing Custom Tasks and Script Modules [DEVNET-2564]
o Tuesday, Jan 30, 09:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
o Wednesday, Jan 31, 01:00 p.m. – 01:45 p.m.
- Cisco UCS PowerTool – Deploy at Scale [DEVNET-2562]
o Thursday, Feb 01, 02:00 p.m. – 02:45 p.m
- Cisco UCS Agentless Configuration Management – Ansible or Microsoft Desired State Configuration [DEVNET-2916]
o Thursday, Feb 01, 09:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Why go to these sessions?
What will these sessions do for you? Perhaps they’ll introduce you to a new concept, or help get you started with programming your Data Center Infrastructure or both. I can absolutely guarantee that you will not be disappointed with the DevNet Zone, there is much to learn and many great people to meet.
If you can only attend one session make it TalkOps in this session I cover how I used my Amazon Echo to manage my Data Center.
When you are finished attending my sessions, it would be nice to give my fellow DevNet team members a bit of attention. Be sure to try your hand at hacking with the Black Hat White Hat Security challenge or race the clock in the DevNet Sandbox 15-Minute challenge.
Whatever you do in the DevNet Zone it will be worth it. At the very least stop by, say hi, and feel the code!
We’d love to hear what you think. Ask a question or leave a comment below.
And stay connected with Cisco DevNet on social!
Visit the new Developer Video Channel