Cisco® Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) is an intelligent and scalable, clustering and load-balancing engine that addresses the performance gap between multi-terabit switches and gigabit servers and appliances. The ITD architecture integrates Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with Layer 4 to Layer 7 applications for scale and capacity expansion to serve high-bandwidth applications. ITD provides adaptive load balancing to distribute traffic to an application cluster.
Below are some of the reasons why customers used ITD:
- Load-balance traffic to 256 servers of 10Gbps each.
- Load-balance to cluster of Firewalls. ITD is much superior than PBR.
- Scale up NG IPS and WAF by load-balancing to standalone devices.
- Scale the WAAS / WAE solution.
- Scale the VDS-TC (video-caching) solution.
- Replace ECMP/Port-channel to avoid re-hashing. ITD is resilient.
Please stop by our booth or visit the Nexus Data Center Whisper suites to watch the live demo and get some goodies.
- Slides: ITD feature overview
- White paper: At a glance
- ITD config guide: ITD config guide
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH CISCO